verizon needs to step it up.

Techenigma

Reaction score
He was bragging all day long that Yea now had a better phone then me. But the thing is mine is way faster my battery lasted 10 times longer than his.

So if your Droid is faster than his EVO, and has better battery life; then honestly what are you complaining about? I'm a bit confused here. You say that Verizon needs to "step it up" to compete with the EVO; yet you list 2 VERY important things that your Droid does better.

+1... Lots of people have been running around with their DI's, and N1's saying "oh look my phone is better than yours" but then I show them mine. Running FRF57, overclocked and still getting far better battery life than theirs. Mine is faster than theirs (actual phone experience in the UI, its snappier) with Launcher Pro you have the 3D app drawer, lots of customization, and everything runs silky smooth. So they experience all that and I have the superior phone. Even though theirs is newer hardware mine bests theirs. So when I finally encounter someone with an Evo I'm sure I'll end up being the superior phone in their eyes too. So just imagine how it will be when I do upgrade to the newest generation phones. Mine is almost a year old now and is beating the pants off of just released hardware.

soba1

Reaction score
OP, check out our news section for upcoming phone releases. There is some great stuff in there.

Also keep in mind that while the Evo is truly a nice phone and a welcome member to the android family it isn't on the Verizon network, it's on Sprint. Last I checked Sprint isn't exactly known for their coverage.

OP tell him to enjoy his EVO. It's only going to be on top a short time and won't get anywhere near the amount of sales the Droid did. If you want to really have some fun with him take him to some remote place and see if he can get any bars.;)

A phone is only as good as it's coverage, one of the reasons why so many iPhone people have switched to Droid.

I got a big kick out of watching a delayed broadcast of the show "Survivor" showing off the Palm Pre. I kept thinking, yeah, looks nice but can they make a call with it? Didn't see any calls made.

With that I agree; it is part of the Android family. Some say it may not
best the EVO but in its own right in some ways it will. I say they will both
be running pretty much even Steven.
At least it's not someone throwing an iphone in your face...... :)