Verizon More Everything and EDGE plan help

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't know if it's because I'm distracted by football being on or just overthinking things. Can anyone explain to me how the heck does the EDGE family plan work to lower my monthly bill when I have to pay off a phone over 20 monthly payments.

Right now my family of 4 (all smart phones), pays about $230/mo for all the lines (two 2gb lines, and 2 unlimited lines). So how the heck does it work, say, if I select a 6gb shared data plan? I thought 10gb shared data was given with that plan, or was it a promotion?

We're not strapped for cash or anything, but figured since the two unlimited lines barely see much use nowadays, maybe it's the smarter move to save some money and move to a tiered plan.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sell the unlimited plans if you decide to move to tiered.. Other than that.. I'm not privy to the new plans..

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have talked to Verizon twice about this (5 phones, 4 smartphones and 1 basic phone on my plan) and they told me that More Everything is a "plan" which affects your bill and the Edge Program is a program to "lease" phones...they are separate from each other but normally recommended together. They told me that if you sign up for the More Everything plan and switch to the Edge program & pick the 10GB data plan then they waive the monthly phone rental fee. If you pick lower than the 10GB data package and are on Edge...then you pay the monthly rental fee. In my case, switching to More Everything (with or without the Edge program) would be $3.00 a month more than I am paying now, so it was not worth it for me. If you can find a good rep (took me 2 tries..the first rep just confused me), sit down & talk to them. The second person I talked to took her time to break it all down and showed me exactly what my bill would look like & what I would be getting.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Way to complicate things Verizon. Sounds like a trip to my local store may be necessary. We really don't need our unlimited lines and $232/mo is quite pricey. Again, we're not in any financial trouble but it doesn't hurt to save money every month especially if we're not taking advantage of what we currently have.

It's nice to know I have unlimited but this month alone I've used less than half a GB of data.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Dezymond, you can call me and I can explain it to you if you want to know you are not being led on ;-) I sell Verizon and have been told I explain it quite well. What sajokaz said is pretty accurate

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk