verizon just sent me an update to 5.9.901

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odd, i'm a soak tester and haven't heard anything about a new soak test. Motorola forums are down, as well, so no way to check there. My 5.5.893 is still "up to date" according to my phone.

Not so sure I like the idea of these updates sneaking out that no one has heard of.

EDIT: This gets odder. Normally, Verizon updates their PDF about the latest software update a few days before a new update is pushed. This time, the PDF is still referencing 5.5.893

I wonder if somebody made a boo-boo, and this wasn't supposed to be pushed out? Would explain why no one has heard of it.

donzz

Reaction score
Not so sure I like the idea of these updates sneaking out that no one has heard of.

I can guarantee you that there are FAR more people that never heard of these updates then those that have heard of them.

Tonik

Reaction score
Odd, i'm a soak tester and haven't heard anything about a new soak test......

You were a soak tester for the last update (as was I), but that may not mean we would be for the next test. My feeling is that you sign up for each one. I don't think 'once a soak tester always a soak tester'. But I am just guessing on that part. However, I would be shocked that they sent it out without a soak test and I would think you and I would have at least gotten an invitation to be soak testers again........this is all very odd. Also interesting how close this version number is to the store demo version which is 5.9.991. It isn't April 1st is it?
[h=2][/h]

filthy1

Reaction score
Odd, i'm a soak tester and haven't heard anything about a new soak test. Motorola forums are down, as well, so no way to check there. My 5.5.893 is still "up to date" according to my phone.

EDIT: This gets odder. Normally, Verizon updates their PDF about the latest software update a few days before a new update is pushed. This time, the PDF is still referencing 5.5.893

I wonder if somebody made a boo-boo, and this wasn't supposed to be pushed out? Would explain why no one has heard of it.

hopefully someone can post the file so those of us on the 5.7.893 update can try it to see if it works

wilboy

Reaction score
is this isn't the one on VZW demo phone?well just asking...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

I'm not sure...

My brother's Incredible got two updates in a row. One for GB and then the next day something else. I don't think the second update was ever documented on vzw. It's possible all this update does is update the baseband and a few other things. Or more or less a continuation of 893.

Reaction score
This seems fishy...One, it's an older build, and two, it's the demo version that VZW has on the phones at the store.

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
IC..where you at when you received the update?i mean in stock rom or another rom? Thanks.

Stock .893 ROM. I just got my Bionic last week the day the .893 update was released; it was the first thing I did prior to adding apps or changing settings. In fact, I did it prior to activation, even. :)

I got the phone new-in-box from the company that does business with my workplace, it was clear that it was never used as a demo.

This seems fishy...One, it's an older build, and two, it's the demo version that VZW has on the phones at the store.

The build numbers are newer, but it's older than 5.5.893? (boggle)

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought the demo version was .991 or .993

edit: oops, ninja'd

Reaction score
Stock .893 ROM. I just got my Bionic last week the day the .893 update was released; it was the first thing I did prior to adding apps or changing settings. In fact, I did it prior to activation, even. :)

I got the phone new-in-box from the company that does business with my workplace, it was clear that it was never used as a demo.

The build numbers are newer, but it's older than 5.5.893? (boggle)

The build numbers are newer, but 5.5.991 has been on demo phones for quite some time now, which would actually make it older than .893.......LOL...Demos have "special" builds and I doubt they would get released to the public.

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
The build numbers are newer, but 5.5.991 has been on demo phones for quite some time now, which would actually make it older than .893.......LOL...Demos have "special" builds and I doubt they would get released to the public.

Gotcha. I've seen that happen before in other IT areas, I'm just not familiar with Motorola/VZW's build numbers.

However, someone just brought up the idea that the demo build is .991, whereas this is .901. Any ideas on that?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
VZW wouldnt push demo firmware to users.. not even by accident.
The question is, what is this push and what issues does it address?

Somebody needs to upload it so the community can get our grubby little hands on it. ;)