Verizon is Rolling Out Marshmallow to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Finally)

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
mine happens when i use blue tooth it starts to cut out then it reboots my phone was solid when i had lollie pop now its horrible battery life is bad and many issues i already did 2 factory resets i dont know what else to do except go back to my note 3 or buy a new phone

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Have you tried deleting your current Bluetooth pairing and then start fresh by pairing the BT device again?

S5 tap'n

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
no not yet but it did it with 2 devices i had and i had to pair bolth of them when i did the reset

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the audio in headphones much better? I know it was supposed to have an update to the higher quality audio but I was watching a show on Netflix the other night with my BT headphones and was blown away at the sound... Not sure if it was just that episode or what but I was really blown away.... I don't notice much difference in the speaker but most all I listen to is Howard.

Apparently ultra high quality audio is a feature of this update, hah.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to turn off Samsung Auto Security updates to be sure that's not the cause, but it seems that this update is also causing me random reboots as well. If that doesn't fix it I'll be calling VZ to make them aware.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have not had any issues since I updated to Marshmallow. Actually getting better battery time and better WiFi. Have you done an Factory Reset? I always do a Factory reset after an update to help it run clean.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd done one right beforehand. If it continuesI guess we shall see.
Beforehand? Before the update? Doing one after an update has fixed small bugs for the longest time. I'm willing to bet (and hoping) that a reset after the update will get you squared away too.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I'd done one right beforehand. If it continuesI guess we shall see.
You have new software on your phone so doing it before an update doesn't do you any good. Try the factory reset. Nova Launcher is so great I backed everything up before the update . Made the Factory reset so easy.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I did a factory reset this morning to try and improve battery but my question is has anyone found how to lower the button volume on the stick keyboard? I thought there used to be an option but I can't find it anywhere. System volume does not do it.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I did a factory reset this morning to try and improve battery but my question is has anyone found how to lower the button volume on the stick keyboard? I thought there used to be an option but I can't find it anywhere. System volume does not do it.

Haven't been able to find anything. Only thing I can do is turn it ff completely.

Sent from my Note 4

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Just noticed last night that after the update texting at times seems laggy - what I type at times doesn't show up right away and a bunch of letters appear at once - often missing a letter or two (which at times leads to unique phone 'correction' problems). This has happened a couple times now when involved in fast responses. Perhaps the software is on the edge of what a Note 4 can handle.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I turn all of those sounds off right away when I get a new device, so I can't even say if there used to be a volume option.

Just noticed last night that after the update texting at times seems laggy - what I type at times doesn't show up right away and a bunch of letters appear at once - often missing a letter or two (which at times leads to unique phone 'correction' problems). This has happened a couple times now when involved in fast responses. Perhaps the software is on the edge of what a Note 4 can handle.
Are you using the stock keyboard or a third-party option? Based on the specs of the Note, it should handle Marshmallow just fine. That's not to say that some of the TouchWiz add-ons can't be pushing it's abilities though.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I see this texting issue from time to time as well. Stock keyboard

Sent from my Note 4