Verizon Galaxy Nexus On Display at Samsung Experience Store in NYC; Not for Sale

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-galaxy-nexus-nyc-display.jpg

Update: Supposedly, they have pulled the demo model and no longer have it on display. If there are any New Yorkers who make it out to the store, give us a confirmation, please. :)

For those Android fans that live in or near New York city, you can actually get your hands on and play with a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone if you want to. The Samsung Experience store located at the Shops at Columbus Circle in NYC has a display of the phone that you can check out. Sadly, of course, they don't have any for sale yet. It doesn't have sim cards installed for VZW's network, but it is working on WiFi, so you can take it for a pseudo-spin.

If you are one of our members that makes it over to see the phone, please sound off in the forums, so we can drool with envy! :hail:

Source: PhanDroid
Picture Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
Kind of ironic that Samsung is making fun of iSheep with their latest Galaxy SII commercials, but they're creating the same hype. And it's not EVEN FOR SALE, just a demo model. :blink:

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
I wasn't in the Android game until shortly after the Nexus S release. How did the other carriers handle the release of the G1 / N1 / Nexus S? How fast from rumor to fruition?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wasn't in the Android game until shortly after the Nexus S release. How did the other carriers handle the release of the G1 / N1 / Nexus S? How fast from rumor to fruition?

N1 was released and it was only available online, if I am not mistaken, Nexus S and Nexus S 4g are both contract phones so you can get them at the discount price. All signs point to the G-Nex being a contract phone as well so it will be available just like any other phone, when it finally releases which should be "soon".

Reaction score

The android community around the time of the G1 was next to nothing. Previous Nesxuseses didn't have half the hype that the GNex does. Which I think is artificially created by Verizon. Why else would they remain so silent and let our imaginations run wild?