Verizon G3: No "Custom" field for contact info??

NewGuy23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Is this normal for Verizon (floor models have same omission)?
I have a lot of contacts with multiple info that does not fit nicely into the given categories.
ATT/Sprint versions have this option... am I missing something obvious??? (pun intended)

Options?
1) Different contact apps..... seem to default to the same limited list. No custom option.
2) Multiple contacts for the same person with a clue to the differences in the title field? Why should I have to do that?? Flip phones from ten years ago could do this. : (

Any help welcome.

(FYI: new to Android (fyi 4.4.2) and Verizon. Not sure I'm up for rooting just yet.)

Last edited:

almachrish

Reaction score
Must be a Verizon thing. I have a G3. The LG G3 855 model and it does have the custom field option.

1362942c808c21c6bc07ed8f2d05d8ea.jpg

via Tapatalk on LG G3

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Verizon has that. You can also cutomize number or email tags. Maybe a specific example of what you desire woukd help us understand.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
N

NewGuy23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not talking about the "+ Add another field". I do have that.

It's the drop down label list by each phone # entry.
"Custom" doesn't appear in any situation..... adding new contact, adding a new number to an existing contact, or as in the picture below just editing a single existing number.

Screenshot_resized.png

Last edited:

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
My Verizon G3 has that option. When I press it it opens a dialog box asking for a label name. I do not have as many defaults as you have and mine is coming from gmail contact, not just on phone.
Screenshot_2014-08-27-11-14-57.png

OP
N

NewGuy23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
....I do not have as many defaults as you have and mine is coming from gmail contact, not just on phone.
View attachment 72702

YES! That was it. Thank you!
Apparently the VZW Cloud just doesn't have a custom field. Crazy.

So, I synced to Google and voila I have Custom available. Phew.

Problem now is that I have double listings for each Contact entry: A VZW Cloud version and a Google version. I did find the "contacts to display" option in settings, so, at least visually, only Google is showing. Which is great!
BUT I believe the Cloud list is still doing whatever it's doing in the background. Do I still need to wipe, it or disable it,.... or something?? I think my contacts are also on my sim from the initial transfer at the VZW store. Leave them there?

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Ever since my moto droid1 i used gmail contacts. I went through the same thing then. Can you remove the Verizon contacts in accounts? Not sure how that works, i stop all verizon stuff when i get a phone first thing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk