Verizon Droid Launch Party gets BIG

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-times-square.jpg

BGR has posted a preview of Verizon's “first-of-its-kind” interactive experience in New York City. In coordination with the launch of the new device, Verizon is expected to put on this event called “DROID Does Times Square.” This experience will let people control two of Times Square’s largest digital billboards — the NASDAQ and Reuters signs — using only voice commands.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah 4 screens in NYC is crazy, but allowing them to control it, now that's just awesome. I want to take a Trip to NYC now. :mad:

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha, I was already checking air line tickets this morning :) Never been there, and what better time to go eh?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I would love to go, hopefully getting a job not too far down the road from NYC. But I would love to see how they play it out. Awesome Idea for media attention.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no kidding.. that sounds nuts. i was wondering what the "times square" thing was about.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now this would be something to see.....wish the 6th was here already. this is killing me : )

ryanm

Reaction score
I'm guessing they'll have only two phones set-up controlling each screen respectively.