Verizon Droid Incredible replacements

Nontechperson

Reaction score
I just received a new HTC Incredible to replace my current one that was getting bad reception.

(I can't seem to find any of the threads here that were discussing all the reception problems. I was told by the Verizon tech guy that "2 bad batches" had gone out in the begginning - but who can keep up with the stories anymore?)

Anyway, not being a tech person I'm wondering if there's anyway to transfer all of my apps to the new phone or will I have to go searching for them and downloading them all over again?

Will I be able to keep the same gmail account/password/address, etc or will I have to start all over again, changing my email too?

For some strange reason (?) the reception has seemed to improve (although most of the time the signal is in the 80's or 90's).

Now if I have to go through re-doing everything on the new phone I'm half wondering if I should just live with the one I have. What if the new one is worse?....

thelion

Reaction score
Use the same login that you used on your first INC. Everything should transfer over just fine. It is automagical :)

OP
N

Nontechperson

Reaction score
Use the same login that you used on your first INC. Everything should transfer over just fine. It is automagical :)

Really?! That's incredible. LOL (sorry, couldn't resist)

Thank you

BzB

Reaction score
you could return the incredible, but since your reception issue seems to be resolved with the replacement you'd actually be returning it for a slower phone. if you go by real world use and not benchmarks, there isn't a phone out with a faster ui than the incredible. and that includes the droid x. however, when the droid 2 is released that may change. :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro or ADW fixes any supposedly slower home screen scrolling with the X....dont some ppl with the Inc use Launcher Pro or ADW?

And some folks are playing with the X in stores right now, current Inc owners....and say they dont see the slowness. One person even said its as fast as the Inc, just not as smooth as their Inc. Which is one of the main things ppl say when comparing Launcher Pro to ADW. Both are the best IMO.

And I thought the Droid 2 is running the UI the X is running?

But yea, if the reception issue is fixed, keep the Inc. If u keep having reception issues.....thats another story....

Last edited:
OP
N

Nontechperson

Reaction score
To make myself clearer: I returned the Incredible within the 30 days but I really only wanted another Incredible, since I had heard (from the Verizon guy and also all over the web) that the reception problems some people were experiencing were the result of few bad batches going out.You know, it's electronics and stuff happens.

That was a month ago. Took a month to receive it.

But like I said, at this point who knows what to believe regarding the problems with this phone.

BzB

Reaction score
Launcher Pro or ADW fixes any supposedly slower home screen scrolling with the X....dont some ppl with the Inc use Launcher Pro or ADW?

And some folks are playing with the X in stores right now, current Inc owners....and say they dont see the slowness. One person even said its as fast as the Inc, just not as smooth as their Inc. Which is one of the main things ppl say when comparing Launcher Pro to ADW. Both are the best IMO.

And I thought the Droid 2 is running the UI the X is running?

But yea, if the reception issue is fixed, keep the Inc. If u keep having reception issues.....thats another story....

some people with the inc might use launcher pro, but it's not needed to fix anything. i personally don't use a launcher because sense widgets and sense in general is so awesome. :)

we know how playing with something in the store vs using it day after day turns out. a few minutes in the store with a phone is unreliable one way or the other, that's the main reason i'll reserve judgement on the droid x until it gets in the hands of a bunch of users.

as far as i know the droid 2 will run vanilla android while droid x runs some version of blur. should be a noticeable difference as the blur interface seems to be unpredictable.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If The Droid 2 does run vanilla Android, that might make some Motorola fans upset.

Hurry up Gingerbread!!!

BzB

Reaction score
Why would it make moto fans upset? Droid 1 has it...unless you meant making droid x fans upset...

khelek

Reaction score
If The Droid 2 does run vanilla Android, that might make some Motorola fans upset.

Hurry up Gingerbread!!!

I'm actually very happy with my droid running vanilla android and hope they continue making phones like it. I don't want any sense, blur, or wizz of any sort on my phone!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk