Verizon data plan question?

wb2ibo

Reaction score
How does verizon seperate or do they seperate your data usage when you use the network extended in your home? If they are counting that data usage then they are stealing from you the customer. That is data that you have already paid for through your ISP and then verizon is charging you for that data. It is equivalent to going to the supermarket and buying a gallon of milk and every time you pour a glass to drink you have to pay a fee to the local dairy!

Reaction score
If you are talking about using your wifi connection at home then that will not count against your data count. You are correct you are using your providers bandwidth not Verizons when on wifi.

Nick

virtualhuman

Reaction score
They do not separate data usage in the manner that you're asking about. If you're on 3G on your Network Extender, it counts toward VZW data.

I have unlimited data so that aspect of it doesn't frustrate me personally, but I find it somewhat annoying that it still uses voice minutes as well, or that there isn't at least some sort of prorating.

I believe the reason the VZW Network Extender still uses both minutes and data is that while the service starts out on your internet connection, it ends up on VZW's infrastructure. So they are still using their equipment, even if you're making up for their poor tower coverage to begin with.

If you don't have unlimited data, make sure you always turn on WiFi at home...