Verizon corporate store

nalgon

Reaction score
Went to a Verizon corporate store today to buy an S5 full price and they said I can only buy it full price online only. Is this true?

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I've never heard of Big Red doing something like that. Was it an actual VZ store...or a "certified dealer" location? Interesting....

OP
N

nalgon

Reaction score
An actual Verizon store in West Covina , Ca.

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Hmm. Well, maybe the various VZWs have different ways they do things in different regions. Seems like they'd miss out on some sales by turning away people who want to pay retail. Possibly they are doing it because a store's push would be for getting new 2 year agreements? That's their "bread and butter" after all.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Went to a Verizon corporate store today to buy an S5 full price and they said I can only buy it full price online only. Is this true?

Are you due for an upgrade yet ? If you're not I think the only way is to get one on the Edge program or buy it out right at full price . You should have been able to buy it at full price in the store. Maybe the store was sold out . I bought my at full price online so I could keep my unlimited plan . Also my upgrade wasn't due till next month .

maybish

Reaction score

I actually inquired about buying the s5 without upgrading through a chat online with one of the reps a couple days ago. They told me i wouldn't be able to buy it online but that I could go to a Verizon store and buy it on a payment plan. Why do they all tell us different things?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Wow - talk about opposites from Big Red. But then...I'm not really surprised.

lykofos

Reaction score

Not true at all. I bought my phone at full retail on 4-12-14 from a VZW corporate store in PA. Of course, they tried everything to get me on the share everything or edge plan, but I wouldn't budge. I told them that I did the math and didn't care about the large initial expense. They sold me the phone at full retail and kept me on my unlimited plan. You should go back and ask to speak with a different sales associate or the store manager.

They also seem to be pushing the ISIS app and American Express Serve card with a free $25 when u register thru the ISIS app.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I never work in the same place twice. Verizon service works anywhere and everywhere, while others around me either have no data, or no voice. So I stay. But my sig explains almost any interactions with humans at Verizon, whether it be at a store or in 1-800 hell.