Verizon Confirms Android 4.4.4 Changelog for All 2013 Droid Smartphones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-ultra-maxx-mini-1.jpg

On Friday of last week we reported that Android 4.4.4 was heading to a large quantity of Motorola devices, including the DROID Mini, Ultra and MAXX. This news was actually revealed by Moto themselves. Today Verizon has confirmed the same info. Android 4.4.4 is coming for all of their 2013 Droid devices, and they were even kind enough to share a changelog.

Just as we shared before, there aren't a lot of changes which come with this update (depending on what version of Android you are currently using of course). Android 4.4.4 is mostly a maintenance/security update. Here's the summary,

• Android 4.4.4 KitKat: stability, framework and security improvements
  • Improved Bluetooth connectivity
  • Improved dynamic range and flourescent lighting balance in camera photos
  • Ability to pause and resume video recording
  • VZ Cloud and Visual Voicemail updates
  • ISIS Mobile Wallet app added

Who's still rocking a Droid and wants to share their impression of Android 4.4.4?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's not any different than 4.4.2 except the power control widget appears a tad different.. And for me... It brought a dialer issue.. To when I dial a number and tap for the dial pad to be on.. It doesn't take.. You have to tap it off and then back on.. Then it comes on...

Other than that... OH the camera.. I don't see any improvement..

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
What, no love for the X? Never mind...

I just found an article that said the moto X on all major US carriers should be getting an update to 4.4.4 in 3 to 5 weeks. The article was dated June 20. Time will tell.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I haven't noticed any changes, good or bad. Battery is still the same so that's all I care about.