Verbal notification for incoming text

William_04_x

Reaction score
I must've changed something somewhere. Whenever I have a text message come in, a voice from the phone notifies me, and gives me the option to dismiss, or listen to the text. Its really annoying, and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Reaction score
I must've changed something somewhere. Whenever I have a text message come in, a voice from the phone notifies me, and gives me the option to dismiss, or listen to the text. Its really annoying, and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

In the cardock or just anytime? If it is in the car dock then you need to go into the car dock settings to turn off the Text to Speech. If it is not in the car dock then I think you need to look in the phone settings in accessibility options. Let me know if that helps.

OP
William_04_x

William_04_x

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It was doing it all the time. I don't use a car dock, but had DLed Car Home Ultra to see if it would make the driving experience more convenient. I used it for one drive, and forgot all about it. After you posted, I looked all through the app for a notification setting, and found nothing. Deleted it and the problem is gone.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Another user and myself had the same problem and we have a couple other discussions going on about it. In the end, the only sure way of fixing the problem was to do a factory data reset (FDR). Yes, it is a major pain to do that but it did stop the voice notifications.

David

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It was doing it all the time. I don't use a car dock, but had DLed Car Home Ultra to see if it would make the driving experience more convenient. I used it for one drive, and forgot all about it. After you posted, I looked all through the app for a notification setting, and found nothing. Deleted it and the problem is gone.

Yeah I did the same as you. I looked all over in the notification settings but couldn't find it. I was pulling my hair out trying to find it until I figured out it was actually in the car dock settings. Glad you got your problem solved.

richiethec

Reaction score
Yeah I did the same as you. I looked all over in the notification settings but couldn't find it. I was pulling my hair out trying to find it until I figured out it was actually in the car dock settings. Glad you got your problem solved.

Anybody know how to reduce the volume of the alert when you receive a text message? Phone volume doesn't seem to to the trick, and I can't find it!

newbroot83

Reaction score
Anybody know how to reduce the volume of the alert when you receive a text message? Phone volume doesn't seem to to the trick, and I can't find it!

Menu^settings^sound and I believe its notofication volume. I could be wrong

Sent from my note 2 using Droid Forums

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
The, uh, thread is *two years* old. I doubt the prior posters are still wrestling with the problem.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I wonder if this is still an issue on ANY device? I guess if you have a third party downloaded notification tone. I know all of my "notification" sounds are one or two quick beeps, so by the time I actually took the time to lower the volume, the sound part of said notification would be over.

S5 tap'n