velocity on LG ally

shollo65

Reaction score
So, a friend tried to root my LG ally with Velocity... Now all my phone does is constantly reboot. Can my phone be fixed or is it a brick?
Need some help please...

Last edited:
OP
S

shollo65

Reaction score
Velocity for LG ally

So, apparently noone can help with this issue........ :-(

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Ok. Please be more specific. Did your friend make a backup b4 trying to flash velocity. What did you do to try and fix this so far.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
S

shollo65

Reaction score
Apparently no back up...... stays on recovery screen.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I think their is a button confige on the ally that forces.it to go to factory settings. I went thru it with the verizon rep when my daughters phone went loopy after the update. I don't remember exactly what it was. You could always call verizon and see if they will walk you thru it. Sorry I could not be more help.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
To perform a hard reset on your ally press and hold power, volume up and home at the same time. Follow the instructions on the screen. This will restore your phone to factory. You will lose all your data but it should work.

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
So, a friend tried to root my LG ally with Velocity... Now all my phone does is constantly reboot. Can my phone be fixed or is it a brick?
Need some help please...

If I read this right, you just basically said your friend tried to root your phone with a ROM. if u need to get rooted use gigerbreak. here's the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

it works on the ally with 2.2.2, I did it with my sister. now how to get it from boot looping, im not sure, I can just sbf my droidx if I have problems like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Do you mean you're rooted and he tried to flash velocity onto your phone which caused the bootloop?
This problem happened to me too.
Easy.
Your kernal isn't supported.
You have to flash the correct kernal.
So for now, go into recovery mode.
You said you're stuck in recovery, but just to make sure, reboot your phone.
As its booting up hold the talk button the menu button and the end button to go into recovery.

Reset data/factory reset your phone.

Now Scroll down to the option that enables a usb connection to your computer.
Go on your computer and download the lg ally stock rom.
Copy the stock rom to your phone via usb.
Then flash that one.
Your phone should be out of a boot loop.

I will be back with a link to help you flash the supported kernal
Wow...
Didn't even notice the date this was posted til now.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

Last edited:

InSaNiTy_XtC

Reaction score
my wife has an ally and i rooted it was kinda a pain in the ass then loaded rom manager then romed it took all night one night kept locking a doing other things but i finally got Funisher to run great but the loud sound and a few other problems... she was pissed lol but tried other roms and tried every velocity 0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4 finally got velocity 1.1 to run and its the best its very very stable and it has alot of kool extras but try these guys

[ROM] [05.01.11] Velocity V1.1 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.1 Froyo | Super Fast | Stable - Android Forums

theres some tricks you gotta do but if you know a few things about Android then its easy have been roming and rooting Android since the G1 but hope they can help you try and find Trident he is the maker of the rom and go to this place

Android Ally