Vegas goes live with LTE, first LTE handset is now available

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

This comes as a huge surprise to me but MetroPCS has beat everyone to the punch by being the first mobile operator to launch commercial 4G LTE services in the United States, offering talk, text and 4G Web access

MetroPCS is also offering the world’s first commercially available 4G LTE handset, the Samsung Craft.

The Craft features: 1x/EV-DO CDMA and LTE radios, 3.3-inch AMOLED display, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, micro-SD card (expandable to 32 GB), and 3.2 megapixel camera; the handset will retail for $299 after a $50 mail-in-rebate.

While the device is nothing earth shattering I was blindsided by MetroPCS being the first to launch LTE.

MetroPCS has added a list of cities that will have LTE coverage soon. They are Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Sacramento and San Francisco.

Did anyone see this one coming?

Source: Boy Genius Reports

Last edited:

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Yeah....... we installed and upgraded thousands of sites for them all last year..... the real question is how stable will the service be??? they didn't even require us to do PIM testing to see....:icon_eek:

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah....... we installed and upgraded thousands of sites for them all last year..... the real question is how stable will the service be??? they didn't even require us to do PIM testing to see....:icon_eek:

yikes.....lol

Maybe MetroPCS customers will end up with some good 3G speeds : )

BSmith

Reaction score
I thought Sprint had their 4G service up and going already? What am I missing here?

NYZ93

Reaction score
lol i bought stock in this company a month or two ago and its doing great

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about this back in April, but thought nothing of it. At the time I was like....yea right... lol

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
lol i bought stock in this company a month or two ago and its doing great

My relatives bought the stock as high as $40.0 and they still have them since :icon_eek:. On the other hand, I can buy it now at a cheaper rate and tell them in your face dancedroid

k00ey

Reaction score
Now, only if they can get an LTE android device I might consider it since I'm in one of the cities listed :)