Using the telephone...

Jehu

Reaction score
I recently had a call from a company that uses an autodialer. At the end of the call, the caller told me that I needed to hang up myself because she didn't have the ability to end the call. Kind of weird but... No problem...

The screen is dark so I guess I need to tap the power button to bring the screen back. No problem...

Now the phone is locked. I need to unlock the phone with the little slider icon. No problem...

Now I'm at the home screen. I need to touch the "phone" icon to get the phone controls showing. No problem...

Now there is a list of options. It takes some figgerin' but I see the "show touchpad" option. No problem...

There's the hang up button! Sorry it took so long. Bye.

OK... That's kind of a problem. Is there a shorter way to end a call?

btw... I did search for an answer before polluting the forum with another thread but I couldn't find an answer. If someone has already addressed this, please be so kind as to point me to that thread.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently had a call from a company that uses an autodialer. At the end of the call, the caller told me that I needed to hang up myself because she didn't have the ability to end the call. Kind of weird but... No problem...

The screen is dark so I guess I need to tap the power button to bring the screen back. No problem...

Now the phone is locked. I need to unlock the phone with the little slider icon. No problem...

Now I'm at the home screen. I need to touch the "phone" icon to get the phone controls showing. No problem...

Now there is a list of options. It takes some figgerin' but I see the "show touchpad" option. No problem...

There's the hang up button! Sorry it took so long. Bye.

OK... That's kind of a problem. Is there a shorter way to end a call?

btw... I did search for an answer before polluting the forum with another thread but I couldn't find an answer. If someone has already addressed this, please be so kind as to point me to that thread.

Yes. Have them hang up. lol.

Sorry about that. No you're right, you shouldn't of had to go through all that. I've seen this discussed many times so you're not alone. It could be an issue with the phone itself.

Did it just happen on this one call? Or is this happening all the time?

OP
J

Jehu

Reaction score
Actually, I'm a little annoyed that, when I finish a call, I don't have a "hang-up" button available. I don't like counting on the other party hanging up. I guess I can be a little paranoid. ("are they still listening in on me?")

fuzzym

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys...but when I pull the phone away from my face, and the screen pops back on...I just hit End. Maybe you didn't wait long enough for the screen to come back after you took it away from your face?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys...but when I pull the phone away from my face, and the screen pops back on...I just hit End. Maybe you didn't wait long enough for the screen to come back after you took it away from your face?

mine just goes back to the screen with the "end call" button also..

pockets

Reaction score
Yea I just hit the end button...I don't have this problem

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
this thing makes phone calls too???

SWEEEEEEEET! :icon_ banana:

Actually, the couple of times I've had this happen, I just hold my hand over the screen so the proximity sensor thinks it's next to my head, then when I remove it, the hang up button is there. Thankfully it's only happened a couple of times.

jimmiem

Reaction score
I push the button on my bt headset. The few times I've used the phone without a headset I've pulled the phone away from my face and hit the end button. Is this really a big problem for people?

choklitcow

Reaction score
More importantly, as long as it isn't costing you minutes keep them on the line.

I used to love using my lan line for this. I would talk to salesmen for up to an hour, never committing to anything but getting every specification possible out of said product. Eventually I would let them know that I was no longer interested but I appreciated their time and effort.

Then came the time for when I needed to hang up. Set the phone next to its cradle and go do something else for the rest of the night. Eventually they will leave, but I have never measured how long it takes them to manually go in and end the call.

DudeWheresAlyssa

Reaction score
I've only had that problem when i hit the lock button while i enter a call. but other than that its like everyone elses's where it dims when its to your face and then brightens when its away.

pdoyle

Reaction score
this happens to me all the time...verizon only suggested to set display to never time out!
if you're using a wired headset, the screen goes black eventually and you have to unlock etc....
i'll try putting hand over display

M

Matth3w

It works if I am using the phone, but Bluetooth or Speaker calls the phone locks. ****ing stupid IMO.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you using the phone when you pull it away from your face you should have the "end" option right in the middle of 3 icons. Anything else and your Droid is misbehaving.
The default action on a call is for the lock screen to disable. So you shouldn't be having to swipe to unlock anything.

Same goes for speaker phone. I use it all the time. The phone will go dark (timeout since the phone isn't held to my ear) I hit the power button and it 'wakes' up right back to the 'in call' screen. End is right in the middle... the big red button.
Again anything else is your Droid misbehaving.