I am about to break this Droid!! New User - Long Post Sorry

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
1st of all, I am a new Droid user, I upgraded from the Storm 2 to the regular Droid, so I only been on the Android planet for less than 3 months.

I am really hoping I can describe my problem:

Since yesterday when I make a call (example 1, voice mail), the automated recording asks you for your 4 digit password, my screen shows 6 buttons: Bluetooth, Mute, Speaker, Add Dial, End Call, Dial Pad.
Now only the Speaker button works, the Dial Pad button won't event get highlited when I press it (and yes I tried using the physical key pad and that won't work either. Also same problem with all the other buttons except, problem two: The end button.

When I try to hang up a call and I go to push the end button, the call freezes, I can still go back to my home screen and the phone still running, but the call still in progress, now after i say 30 secs to one minute the whole phone restarts.

Problem 3: I just noticed that when I sued to make a call 1st the screen was black/gray then it turn green/black showing the time use for the call once the call got connected, NOW it doesn't do that, it gets stuck in the black/gray screen, I still can make the call and connect and talk to people.

Here are some solutions I tried:
I pull the battery 20 times already since yesterday (some of this times due to the fact that my phone was stuck in the call after hanged up like I explain earlier)
I data wipe / restore to original factory settings: this did not help, still having the same issues.
I also try to save my voicemail *86 and adding a pause to include my password, this did not work (this was actually a Verizon rep idea)

Sorry for the long post but can you please help me!!

fishstick600

Reaction score
I've never used a droid 1 but sounds like u got a dud .. I don't even know that they make new ones anymore so it may be a refurbished and is messed up. If your passed the 30 days ur only option is get another refurbished droid

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well first, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of you problems. If the hard factory reset didn't solve those issues, I would contact Verizon. All of that sounds like a warranty issue to me.

Good luck.

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses, but I am screw, I bought this phone from a friend that upgraded to the Droid X and gave this one to me, in a working condition.

I called Verizon and yeah they told me all they can do is use my rebate upgrade of $100 with a 2 year extension price offer.

That means I could get the Droid X for $200.

Quick question:
If I rooted this phone, will this solve the issue?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Rooting and installing a Rom could solve your issues, worth a shot

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
@Adam:

Yeah true, got nothing to lose here anyways, so far I am getting tired of restarting my cell every time I end a call.

Now since I am new here, and yes I did search, can somebody point me where can I find the steps to do this, I am running the 2.2 FRG83D

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Link one in my signature. Don't follow up that mess that happened to you with rooting the "easy" way. Use link one. Please.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses, but I am screw, I bought this phone from a friend that upgraded to the Droid X and gave this one to me, in a working condition.

I called Verizon and yeah they told me all they can do is use my rebate upgrade of $100 with a 2 year extension price offer.

That means I could get the Droid X for $200.

Quick question:
If I rooted this phone, will this solve the issue?

My guess is that it would. I would recommend:

Chevy's http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/117227-1-17-11-ss-4-96-ready.html

Cyanogen http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/38278-cyanogenmod-installation.html

Ultimate Droid http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ul...ll-devices-d1-inc-evo-4g-desire-cdma-gsm.html

Bugless Beast http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...bugless-beast-v0-6-2-1-gingerbread-froyo.html

and any others that may attract your interest.

Good luck.

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
I downloaded the Ultimate Droid link posted above, now what?

Sorry to keep bothering you guys but like I said I am really new at this, can somebody direct me to a step by step process?

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
I missed the post, shame on me.

Just downloaded the files and following the instructions, will report back with the results.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any news?

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid. Well I think I did. I have a icon on the menu that says Superuser. Now I was thinking on installing 2.3 on my cell but been having a hard time figuring it out.
Another dumb question: I have the gingerbread on a zip file and I have rom manager. Now what? And I tried reading the bugless beast install but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you used the first link in my sig, you have sprecovery already.

If you need help flashing a ROM try link number 2 in my signature.