Using Ringdroid, how do I make a ringtone for notifications only?

minmongoblin

Reaction score
My custom ringtone shows up in the CALL ringtone list, but not the NOTIFICATION ringtone list. Help?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ringtones are separate from Notifications. Just the way it is.
Personally I don't see the need for a ringtone app. If you go onto you SD card and create two folders..... 1) "ringtones" and the other 2) "notifications". From there place the sounds/mp3's you wish to use for either ringtones or notifications (appropriate folder) and they will show up in the selection list!

OP
M

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Well I used Ringdroid to "cut" an mp3 down to the clip I want. Guess I'll have to find a computer program that can do that, haha.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Well I used Ringdroid to "cut" an mp3 down to the clip I want. Guess I'll have to find a computer program that can do that, haha.

You can still use ringdroid, just place it in the notifications folder....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker This is what I use to cut them down. It's free, it's simple. There's others out there too, just so happens this is what I use.

Not saying not to use the Ringtone apps. I just find it easier to create the two SD card folders and manage them all that way :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just use astro, or another file manager to move the file you made...

OP
M

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Oh! I never even noticed that it asks you what you want to set it as! Thanks man (or lady, whichever)

savedbyzero

Reaction score
ringdroid

My song snippet goes away after an hour or so...can't seem to access my sd card...how do I get in there?
Thanks

savedbyzero

Reaction score
Ringtones are separate from Notifications. Just the way it is.
Personally I don't see the need for a ringtone app. If you go onto you SD card and create two folders..... 1) "ringtones" and the other 2) "notifications". From there place the sounds/mp3's you wish to use for either ringtones or notifications (appropriate folder) and they will show up in the selection list!

This "phone" is friggen amazing...thanks for the tip
C