Ringtones and notifications

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I moved my customer ringtones folder and my notifications that used them couldn't tell I moved them and started listing sound 1847 and acting like a silent ringtone anyone ever see that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am pretty sure it will only work if you put the audio files back where they were and leave them there.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
But for things like pictures the gallery always finds every picture on the phone must not work that way with sounds oh well

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think so, not with ringtones and notifications sounds. On every Droid I have owned those files have to be in a specific folder for the phone to use them as custom sounds.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You want them in a folder labeled ringtones or notifications, respectively. They used to need to also be within a folder called audio, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I was able to reselect the sound even though I named the folder "random stuff" and the old folder was sounds. So the os knows where all the sounds are but the config for notifications only retains the last location and does not seem to link to a dynamic location. But the notifications were browsable while selecting even though I didn't point them to the exact path

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was able to reselect the sound even though I named the folder "random stuff" and the old folder was sounds. So the os knows where all the sounds are but the config for notifications only retains the last location and does not seem to link to a dynamic location. But the notifications were browsable while selecting even though I didn't point them to the exact path

So my first comment here was the answer to your problem. I told you you'd have to set them up again. This is what I meant. Once you select a notification sound, it continues to point to that path because that's where the file was when you selected it and most people don't go moving those all around.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It'll do the same thing if you move the file your custom wallpaper is in also. My alarm clock app works the same way. I have it set to music and I moved my music from the phone to external card and it changed to default sound. With notifications the phone defaults to silent.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4