Using PdaNet to play Xbox Live!!

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Could you use a usb-ethernet connector instead of using your laptop? I know you would have to get the PDAnet software that you put onto your computer onto your 360, but wouldn't the connector simplify it?

Hello,

Just saw this post, I know some of it was old but there were some open ended things left in this post.

XBOX live only uses 10MB -15MB of data PER HOUR!

I can do way more damage with youtube....So stop saying that it's going to red flag stuff.

MTU settings....After the great success of running Live on my Droid, we tried my friends BlackJack on the ATT network. He had the same error you spoke of and we never came to a conclusion.
We did have this error on a droid ERIS but, following the steps below helped. You can try it if you would like.

I recommend using an ethernet cable and not trying to use wireless to connect the computer to the xbox.

***********Here is a step by step on setting up your tethered laptop to connect to xboxlive***********
First get PDANET up and running on your laptop.
Go into the network connections on the laptop. On Vista and Windows 7 this is not the "network and sharing center" screen. Search for "network connections" in the start menu search.
You will see your PDANET modem as having a connection.
Right click on PDANET modem and select properties.
Click the "Sharing" Tab. (Windows XP users will not have a sharing tab, you will need to go to Advanced Settings, or something of that sort, I forget off hand. But you will find the same sharing boxes.)
Select the box next to "Allow other network users to connect through this computers Internet Connection." This will allow the PDANET connection to be shared through your ethernet plug.
Now that the laptop is setup and ready to go, connect an ethernet cord from your laptop to your XBOX360.
Now go ahead and fire up the XBOX and let it aquire the new network settings. Remember it's running through 3G so it's going to take a slight bit longer than when your home on your 20gig cable internet.

Have fun, and if you are going to be playing Modern Warefare 2 tethered, don't play anything but Free For All, Team Deathmatch 12 people and it gets really laggy. Free For All isn't as bad with 8 people. Oh and have fun cursing when someone texts or calls you haha.
this post is legendary

easy tether was giving me that mtu crap. pdanet doesn't

f-u cable one!!!!! droooooooooooooooid!!!!