Using Facebook on the Droid

Niffa

Reaction score
Ok so I am not exactly computer/technically savvy. I can get on FB. I can get to what says my name with my prof picture. I shows all my status updates. But I can't get into my actual profile or my inbox. On the PC there is a line that says Home Profile Friends Inbox, I can't find that on the phone. Specifically I am trying to access a group that I belong to, but I can't find it. Usually I just go into my profile page, there will be a line that says I posted on the group's wall. I then click on the group name and it brings me there. I can't find any of that on the phone.
Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use m.facebook.com due to all the FB apps sux....

OP
N

Niffa

Reaction score
Okay, I did that. But now how do I have a shortcut to it. Right now on the home screen I have an icon that I touch and it takes me right to it. How do I set this one up to do that?
Thanks so much for your response!

imiller913

Reaction score
you could use touch.facebook.com it should be in the bookmarks in the browser of the droid.

OP
N

Niffa

Reaction score
Really, I am this ignorant. How do I get to the bookmarks? I know I've saved some but now I don't know how to access them. Pitiful I know!!!

imiller913

Reaction score
when you bring up the browser next to the address bar there is a button that has a star on it click on that and it will take you to the bookmarks on your phone.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I don't have my Droid yet, but I believe there is an icon on the screen with a Star, that should be your bookmarks.

OP
N

Niffa

Reaction score
Rrrrrr:mad: okay I did the m.facebook.com thing. Found it But, now I still can't get into the group.
So under Recent Activities is says Jennifer wrote on Online Saddle Club's Wall. The name of the group is in blue. I usually just go to it and click on it and it brings me to the group. On the phone it's blue, but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything.

OP
N

Niffa

Reaction score
Nope no star, not that I can find!

imiller913

Reaction score
when the page is loading their is an "X" next to the address bar. When the page is done in the same spot where the "X" was will be the icon for your bookmarks, but the page has to loaded

OP
N

Niffa

Reaction score
I did it!!! Thanks guys!!! No the FB app is not easier! It brings me to FB but not the the correct place within FB if that makes any sense! I ended up bookmarking my group so I can just get right in! I'm wicked smat now!!

Tegamal

Reaction score
Glad to see you got it! Like all new devices, everyone starts out a little noobish, it's ok.

Luckily, this forum is full of helpful people, not the type that respond with "OMFG, are you serious, WTF is wrong wit u? Sell yur phone, u suk!!111!!!!" I have been a member of too many of those forums throughout the years.