Useful rooted apps for the Droid pro

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
heya, got myself a rooted gb Droid Pro at last....
now thinking of getting myself some rooted apps....
what do u guys have and how useful are they....?

google123

Reaction score
SetCPU is the first I installed. Set a "screen off" profile to run the phone at 300/300 and watch your battery life increase over time. :D

Sent from my CM7 Druid Pro. LOL.....Druid.

StingRay

Reaction score
Titanium Backup Pro lets you make backups of your apps and data associated with those apps...very handy!

Root Explorer also requires root and is one of the best file managers around....allows you to rename, delete, or modify system apps and files....

OP
K

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
doesnt google make backups of everything.... seemed to work fine even after clean formats...., but not sure of the data associated with it.....

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
doesnt google make backups of everything.... seemed to work fine even after clean formats...., but not sure of the data associated with it.....

Google will back up your contacts. It will remember which apps you have installed. It will not save your Angry Bird high score. It will not save all the settings you tweaked in Handcent. It will not remember the 4 profiles you set up in SetCPU. It will not recall how you set up Launcher Pro with all of its icons layed out just where you want them and your shortcuts in place down at the bottom on the scrollable dock bar. I also use Titanium and there also is My Backup Pro as well as SMS backup tools. Being rooted means you can restore your apps when you try out the next rom.

And speaking of backups, always make a nandroid back up of your system before moving to the next rom. That way if it goes wrong or you don't like it you can just flash back to your exact current setup just as you would a virgin rom.

miggyRrr

Reaction score
I'm trying to root my DROIDPro but I don't know which app to use, I've tried z4root I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if I need to get some other app. Can I get some help?

OP
K

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
i use SuperOneClick via windows...... ;) works fine thats just me.... there are different other ways u can root too.....