Used droid purchase tips?

tuffD1

Reaction score
I know the risks that are involved but I'm thinking of buying a used D3 or Bionic. If, I were to do this, what would be some great tips/things to check/look at before the actual transaction? I've bought and sold a couple of vehicles with no problems. But I'm a noob with these types of deals.

Sent from my ProjElite Droid¹

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
If the other phone is activated, how do I activate it under my account?

Sent from my ProjElite Droid¹

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I recently sold my incredible to someone over at swappa. He was actually local so we agreed to meet up at a Verizon store. By meeting up at Verizon this allows two things; 1. safety and security, and 2. the opportunity for the seller to check the ESN to see if it is clean. I myself waited around and chatted up a bit about phones with him while he got the ESN checked and the phone activated.

One thing to look for is to make sure the watermark is good. Make sure there wasn't any previous water damage. Also check for the "void" sticker which is on top of the screws. If they're missing ask if it was opened and if so what was done to it. I'm not 100% sure all phones have this sticker, I know my Incredible did though.

If you got two honest people then it's a painless sale.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
So verizon store will help activating and has no problem acting like a gun store with private party transfers. Cool.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums