USB connection - not showing up as drive - want to install apk files

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BP... its your drivers on your XP machine.. I was trying to load music on mine yesterday (also on XP) and was super annoyed that I couldnt figure it out... I didint have time to look for the drivers because I went out.
But i just got to work and my computer here (on WIN7) found the nexus right away and will be loading all my stuff while im here at least

Look for the MXP drivers

I was on the phone with Samsung level 3 tech last night for 2 hours, he had control of my PC and installed the drivers and uninstalled them twice still no go. I really wish it was that simple for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

phishn

Reaction score
I too had problems with mtp and windows xp. Wiki says windows media 10 and higher for mtp support on windows xp, although that was what I had. I tried the samsung drivers with no luck. Updated to the latest windows media player 11 and voila, it works!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xliderider

Reaction score
I had the same problem, Galaxy Nexus wouldn't show up as a drive on an XP and a W7 machine. I just reinstalled the Samsung usb drivers on the W7 machine and it works. I won't be able to do it on the XP machine because it is a work PC and I don't have admin rights on it.

The drivers were downloaded from here:

Samsung

droid_mike

Reaction score
The only problem I'm having is that only the default folders from the "sdcard" directory (formerly external storage) show up. I can't "see" the other folders I created in that directory via the USB connection. That's annoying, but probably something built in with ICS... would only show directories created by root or something. I'm wondering if that's happening to others and if there is a workaround.