US military bases to stop selling Huawei and ZTE

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Wow, just as you think the government had done their worse, the Huawei and ZTE devices will not be sold on military bases. But military personal can still buy them off base. They are afraid that china can track their movements. Maybe I am missing something but don't a lot of the apps on most phones already do that.

US government officials have said that China could order its manufacturers to create backdoors for spying in their devices, although both Huawei and ZTE have denied the possibility. An anonymous source told the WSJ that military leaders are wary that Beijing could use ZTE and Huawei devices to locate soldiers’ exact coordinates and track their movements.

The Pentagon bans Huawei and ZTE phones from retail stores on military bases

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is no different than Best Buy discontinuing sale of their phones. Except this is a much smaller scale and will probably have no affect whatsoever on Huawei sales. I have shopped for phones at our PX numerous times, and at their website. I have never seen a Huawei phone or ZTE phone available. I'm.not sure if they ever stocked either of those brands. I just checked their website two weeks ago to compare their deals to Verizon & Best Buy and there were no Huawei or ZTE phones listed as options. This sounds like more of a PR announcement by the Pentagon. Maybe some overseas PX and BX stores sold these phones, but I don't think they did in the US; they sell phones that are compatible with US Carriers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
True, but with only 1 - 2 % of the US population allowed to shop in those stores, it's not a large consumer base. I think it's just more of a warning to make sure the stores don't bring any into the inventory (which they wouldn't anyhow since they sell US carrier phones), and more of a PR announcement meant for the Chinese government.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk