Uploading movies from itunes to phone

dhaymond

Reaction score
DownloadfreeMP4movies
Thats a free site, where you can download free movies than just put it on your sd card and watch. I do it that easy all the time. Totally free

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Hey I just looked at the site and it looks legit but do I have to download from my computer and move to my phone or can I download it directly from the browser on my phone?

dhaymond

Reaction score
I haven't tried from my phone before so I can't say. I just do it from my computer. Sorry

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Would you happen to know what folder I should download it into on the phone?o dont wanna screw up my phone.thanks

dhaymond

Reaction score
I personally made a movies folder but you can just put it in Videos.

Reaction score
I just used Handbrake to convert Avatar. I set the following:

Video set to 720x480, FPS same as source, video codec set to H.264, 1500 video bit rate, audio set to AAC, stereo, 48, and 160 audio bit rate... When done, the file was 1.8GB, but when I viewed it using the preloaded "video player" it was so pixelated and choppy that it was unwatchable.

Any suggestions?

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I just used Handbrake to convert Avatar. I set the following:

Video set to 720x480, FPS same as source, video codec set to H.264, 1500 video bit rate, audio set to AAC, stereo, 48, and 160 audio bit rate... When done, the file was 1.8GB, but when I viewed it using the preloaded "video player" it was so pixelated and choppy that it was unwatchable.

Any suggestions?

Was your original source the actual dvd?

Reaction score
Yes, but the more I look, the more I am seeing that I may need a high-speed memory card and not the stock 16GB card. Though, in the phone's defense, I also used my computer's DVIX to try and watch it and it was the same pixelation, so I'm also thinking I did it wrong.

I did, however, follow the instructions, verbatim, from xda developer's guide to setting up Handbrake for the Samsung Fascinate:

[HOWTO] Convert videos for Samsung Galaxy S using Handbreak. - xda-developers

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Yes, but the more I look, the more I am seeing that I may need a high-speed memory card and not the stock 16GB card. Though, in the phone's defense, I also used my computer's DVIX to try and watch it and it was the same pixelation, so I'm also thinking I did it wrong.

[HOWTO] Convert videos for Samsung Galaxy S using Handbreak. - xda-developers

It will look/play on your PC the same as your phone. Just be sure to minimize the screen when watching on your PC for a more accurate preview.

May I suggest aquiring for yourself a more user friendly, more efficient peice of conversion software?

Aimersoft DVD Suite does a better job than handbrake. I only use handbrake for really nuanced things.

Also: a faster SD card also has the bonus of loading ALL your files faster, including apps you have on your sd. As far as videos go, you really need the faster sd to maintain audio/video sync. With the standard card, dvd quality movies will be ruined by loss of sync about 2/3 into the movie, and it's extremely annoying watching mouths flap and words coming too late.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
ae8c545a-0ed5-c73b.jpg

Here's a pic of me converting The Dark Knight.

You can see it let's me convert directly from dvd, with a live preview, and I can break it down by dvd chapters.

Panzer

Reaction score
Hey, I just got my samsung fascinate a few days ago and now I'm trying to get movies on it. I've read over this thread and others like it but I'm still a little confused on the process.

I downloaded avatar720p blu-ray from a torrent, and could use some guidance on how to get it on my phone. Will the stock SD not be able to handle the movie? Will I have to lower the settings on the movie to get it under 2GB? Thanks for the help; btw the movie plays in great quality on my laptop so I'm hoping it'll look the same on my phone.

Reaction score
Panzer, whatever movie you have to put on the phone needs to be in MP4 and you can just connect the phone to your computer via the cable, mount it, and then just drag and drop it into your video file on the SD card...but, from everything I'm reading, you'll really need a class 4 or 6 (?) sd card instead of the stock one, as they allow faster data transfer. I hear that you'll get through about 2/3rds of the movie and then it will get all out of sync or pixelated...

I've tried the Handbrake conversion software, but can't get it to work without pixelating, though I don't have that fast data card. I hear Aimersoft is good, but you have to buy it, while Handbrake is free. I have no knowledge whatsoever on torrent sites...are they safe, can you get a virus, are they any good. I'd sure take your opinion if you would...

Good luck...

Panzer

Reaction score
I'm currently using handbrake to format the movie, but its taking a very long time. Half done and started it 2-3hours ago. I'm little worried that the stock SD card won't be good enough, not sure I wanna buy a whole nother SD card.

as far as torrents go I use a program called uTorrent and get the torrents from kickasstorrents.com, and it seems very safe so far. The torrent files can be verified as trustworthy downloads on that site. The downloads are usually very good quality