Upgrading to a Droid soon...

MeanDrunkR2D2

Reaction score
And I have of course a few questions about the upgrade and what I'd expect.

Basically I've slacked the past few years in having anything awesome for a cell phone and am in need of getting a smartphone for my job as I will need it. I do know that I want a Droid, either a Droid X or Droid Incredible (most likely).

Do both of those have the built in pin code now so I do not have to buy touchdown? I know that it's out there on a few models and really am trying to conserve some cost. (Will need a pin so that I can connect to my work's exchange) Also, with my current phone (LG Dare) I have the TEC insurance plan which is $5.99 a month, will this transfer to whichever new Droid I go with? Or will they force me to upgrade to a newer and more expensive/restrictive insurance plan? I know that I will have to pay the $29.99 for the data plan, and I'm fine with that.

Also, would the best deals generally be at the Verizon store, or would I find as good or better luck at a Fry's/Best Buy/etc?

Thanks in advance to any questions that yall can answer for me. :)

eliassami5

Reaction score
Check amazon or wirefly for some good deals, better than the VZW store.

It wont cost you any more to insure the X or the Inc than it does the Dare. The only difference is that the deductible for the smartphones are 90 dollars compared to the 50 for the Dare or other non smart phones.

If you get the X you can get touchdown for FREE by contacting Motorola, here is the link: Motorola Providing Touchdown Licenses to DROID X Owners with Exchange Issues | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
But when the new version of android (2.2 AKA FroYo) is available for the Inc and the X then it will have built in password protection for exchange accounts.

OP
M

MeanDrunkR2D2

Reaction score
Check amazon or wirefly for some good deals, better than the VZW store.

It wont cost you any more to insure the X or the Inc than it does the Dare. The only difference is that the deductible for the smartphones are 90 dollars compared to the 50 for the Dare or other non smart phones.

If you get the X you can get touchdown for FREE by contacting Motorola, here is the link: Motorola Providing Touchdown Licenses to DROID X Owners with Exchange Issues | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
But when the new version of android (2.2 AKA FroYo) is available for the Inc and the X then it will have built in password protection for exchange accounts.

I would imagine that the 2.2 version will be out by September 30th when my upgrade is available? I'm happy to hear that I won't have to modify my warranty plan to be covered just in case of some sort of accident. Right now I am leaning towards the Inc as it just looks to have everything I want and need in a phone.

Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it.

eliassami5

Reaction score
It may be, there is no official word as of yet but its not looking like its too far off for the Incredible. The X im not so sure of.