Upgrading ROM w/o Data wipe?

quizzard

Reaction score
Is there any way we can update the ROM's w/o a complete data wipe?

I am using TB, but it's still a PITA to update to a new rom and flash every time, especially at the rate you are releasing them. In particular, I like to be able to save my MMS.

Other than that your ROMs are awesome.

Use Tatanium backup to back everything up. Wipe, install the ROM and then restore whatever you want using Titanium backup.

Is there a way to restore the home screen using TiBk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Use Tatanium backup to back everything up. Wipe, install the ROM and then restore whatever you want using Titanium backup.

The problem with this is that a complete system restore defeats the purpose of installing a custom ROM that gets rid of BLOAT, Blur, etc.

Is there a way to restore the home screen using TiBk

You can restore everything but widgets. Those you will have to put back on your home screen manually.

The problem with this is that a complete system restore defeats the purpose of installing a custom ROM that gets rid of BLOAT, Blur, etc.

You are not doing a complete system restore. You are just restoring the apps and settings that you want.

When installing an updated th3oryPak you don't need to wipe data. You only need to wipe data before installing the base. When throwing on a new th3oryPak you only need wipe cache and dalvik cache.
When using titanium only backup "user apps" NOT "all apps" then when you restore you can restore all user apps at once without data then restore data to the select apps that you need your data such as your launcher, angry birds, ect.

Back