upgrades *!#>

ram1000

Reaction score
Appearently my droid has upgraded itself and no longer looks like the screen I'm used too. I could adjust to this but now when I receive a call I cannot pull it from my holster and answer the phone. THere is literally nothing on hte screen that refers to the ringing phone. I usually see a series of color muted icons refering to navigation or voice input and it does no show the correct buttons to answer the phone if I am lucky enough to get past this screen. I often have problems with getting the phone answered but in the past have assumned myself to be the blame- I no longer am the blame for this problem. I am not just looking to find the answer to this problem but ranting about the existance of the problem as well. I HATE PROGRAMERS!

dbutters

Reaction score
Appearently my droid has upgraded itself and no longer looks like the screen I'm used too. I could adjust to this but now when I receive a call I cannot pull it from my holster and answer the phone. THere is literally nothing on hte screen that refers to the ringing phone. I usually see a series of color muted icons refering to navigation or voice input and it does no show the correct buttons to answer the phone if I am lucky enough to get past this screen. I often have problems with getting the phone answered but in the past have assumned myself to be the blame- I no longer am the blame for this problem. I am not just looking to find the answer to this problem but ranting about the existance of the problem as well. I HATE PROGRAMERS!

I assume you have a Droid 1 - does your holster have a magnetic closure? It sounds like the magnet is sending your phone into Navigation mode (a specialized screen for use in the car dock) when you pull it out of the holster. If that is the case, you should get a holster that doesn't have a magnet in it. This will keep it from switching back and forth between the normal home screen and the nav screen, and will likely allow you to answer the phone.

drpurp

Reaction score

I can't believe it's not butter.

Seriously, elaboration > rant.

I assume you have a Droid 1 - does your holster have a magnetic closure? It sounds like the magnet is sending your phone into Navigation mode (a specialized screen for use in the car dock) when you pull it out of the holster. If that is the case, you should get a holster that doesn't have a magnet in it. This will keep it from switching back and forth between the normal home screen and the nav screen, and will likely allow you to answer the phone.

But if he's talking about an upgrade, then it's not really a magnet issue then is it?

dbutters

Reaction score

I can't believe it's not butter.

Seriously, elaboration > rant.

But if he's talking about an upgrade, then it's not really a magnet issue then is it?

Is he really talking about an upgrade though? Because it sounded a little confusing. A common issue is people being unaware of the effect a magnetic pouch has on their phone. Changing home screen modes while a call is incoming could drop the incoming call to the background, that's the best sense I could make of any of this.

drpurp

Reaction score
Is he really talking about an upgrade though? Because it sounded a little confusing. A common issue is people being unaware of the effect a magnetic pouch has on their phone. Changing home screen modes while a call is incoming could drop the incoming call to the background, that's the best sense I could make of any of this.

It also sounds like this wasn't an issue before. That is from what I can tell of this confusing rant. Some elaboration on the OP would make things much clearer.

OP
R

ram1000

Reaction score

I don't know if it is a Droid 1 or later. It is not the first one made because when I bought it they had another older model they called teh droid as well. I do use a magnetic holster. I'll try not using the holster. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot.

It feels good to shot gun blast programers and I've already hit two!

JimmyD

Reaction score
I don't know if it is a Droid 1 or later. It is not the first one made because when I bought it they had another older model they called teh droid as well.

Is this what you have? (Picture below)

If so, it's the "Droid by Motorola", and what many on these forums (and elsewhere) refer to as:

Droid
Droid 1
D1
Original Droid

motorola-droid-2.jpg