upgraded to 2.2, and now "no service" VZW D1

reemusk

Reaction score
Not rooted, nothing special, but now i have a paperweight. everything works.

no matter how many times i try to turn data on, it gets no signal. my antenna program reads 85 (not -85) dBm and 99 asu.

what can i do? do i need to downgrade? i tried before and said it couldn't complete the installation, i'm going to try a different download now. i'm doing everything correctly in regards to that (trying to install 2.1)

i've had this phone a week! i'm stuck like chuck. help me out?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was this an OTA update, or a manual update?

If manual, what was the size of the file (there are two for non rooted, which is why I'm asking).

OP
R

reemusk

Reaction score
i tried to do a factory reset and it took me back to the recovery screen and said "data wipe failed"

OP
R

reemusk

Reaction score
correction, it did do a data wipe, but upon restarting the phone, I still have no service.

anyones help...greatly appreciated. this sucks.

OP
R

reemusk

Reaction score
used the thread above, and now when i turn my droid in, i get FC's on acore, phone, gallery, etc. and all i have is a notification bar -- but i do have service! lol

any ideas from here? I think i have rooted 2.1 on my device now according to the post above.

OP
R

reemusk

Reaction score
its taking me through activating....but it looks like the 2.2 welcome wizard.....hmm

OP
R

reemusk

Reaction score
lol, thanks "rescue squad" for letting me fix it myself :)

figured it all out....for now...dancedroid

bum bum bum...

OP
R

reemusk

Reaction score
still working great here -- if you're having problems, read my thread and you'll see how to fix it, you'll be running rooted 2.1