Upgrade to Andriod 2.2 result Market App download & Google Talk authentication issues

gjp

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm a new to the forum and still a newbie learning about Andriod... andd could use some help... having some issues after Upgrading to 2.2 on my HTC Incredible with Market App download & Google Talk authentication issues.

I recently got a Droid Incredible and and the first this I did was upgraded to Andiod 2.2 via OTA update (did not Root or S-OFF, etc...).

After, I tried to connect to my Google Account but would was getting a 'sever connectivity issue' 'data provisioning issue'. After some time I was able to connect my Google account on the phone(using Wifi). But when using the Market App I would get 'download failure' errors. Also the Google Talk app would get authentication errors.

Somethings I have tried to fix this:

- Cleared the cache and data for the Market App
No help. Same problems continue.

- Rooted and in CWM I did a data wipe in recovery.
This did not help.

- I rooted, S-OFF, and downgraded to Andriod 2.1.
By doing this was able to get everything working with no problems.

- I then upgraded to 2.2 via manual OTA update (via SD Card). I then got a Market App is not installed error. I found a fix for this ( Android Market app disappeared on Samsung Galaxy S 2.2 update - Android Market Help ), which required locating the Vending.apk file via a file manager and manually pushing it for install. The Market App would show as a downloaded app but this fix worked to get the Market App working, however it only worked temporarily for me. After a few reboots of the phone the Market App would disappear again.

So I am now back to square 1 on Andriod 2.2 with Google Talk authentication problems, erratic Google account authentication/connectivity, and consistent Andriod Market download errors.

Any resolutions/solutions to this/these issues?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset? Are you now rooted in 2.2? Try a ROM like Virtuous, Redemptive Revolution, FrankenROM (Sense-based ROMs) and see if that solves the problem. Those are all solid releases with very minor reports of issues. We can also give you a link to the RUU which will totally reset everything.

Last edited:
OP
G

gjp

Reaction score
@enlighten

Thanks for the quick response!

I did a complete data wipe while in CWM which i believe is equal to a factory data reset. If I understand correctly what an RUU is (Stock Andriod software, i.e. htc/verizon released 2.1, 2.2, etc..?), I'm running a total stock 2.2 now except that I'm Rooted as I installed 2.1 and upgraded from an OTA file to 2.2.

I can try the other ROM's but there should be no reason that I'm having the issues that I'm having as I'm running stock software. I prefer to stay with stock software but, I guess I'll have to keep those options open. Where would the links to the RUU and those ROM's be if I need to go that route?

Thanks

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The issue I see is that the "offical" 2.2 ususallt causes more issues then any custom rom. If you continue to have troubles and want to stay stock I would recommend getting s-on and unrooting and taking it in to big red.

The only way to fix a software issue is to replacew the software or fix the software. I have read rumors of an software update coming down the line. I also understand that same software update was leaked and is implemented on the new Virtious rom.