Upgrade from Gingerbread all the way to Eclipse v5.1?

thecadman99

Reaction score
So I've put off upgrading my phone for a long time. I have rooted gingerbread right now on my Razr Maxx Verizon. My build number is 6.5.1-167 on Android 2.3.6.

The Eclipse Rom I've downloaded is Eclipse-0v5.1-build6-spyder.zip
I also have gapps-eclipsejb43-20130903.zip

I just removed my old safestrap, and installed Safestrap-Spyder-3.63 and installed recovery.

Backed up everything with titanium backup.

Am I good to go to flash the Eclipse rom or do I need to change to a different kernel since I'm coming from Gingerbread?

'Preciate any help

OP
T

thecadman99

Reaction score
So I've put off upgrading my phone for a long time. I have rooted gingerbread right now on my Razr Maxx Verizon. My build number is 6.5.1-167 on Android 2.3.6.

The Eclipse Rom I've downloaded is Eclipse-0v5.1-build6-spyder.zip
I also have gapps-eclipsejb43-20130903.zip

I just removed my old safestrap, and installed Safestrap-Spyder-3.63 and installed recovery.

Backed up everything with titanium backup.

Am I good to go to flash the Eclipse rom or do I need to change to a different kernel since I'm coming from Gingerbread?

'Preciate any help

NM, It seems that I couldn't get the newer version of safeboot to work with my old GB OS>
I used Matt's utility to return to factory Jellybean- I'll work from there.

OK for future reference- DO NOT USE MATTS UTILITY TO FLASH Jellybean if you are in Gingerbread. You will get the white bottom half of your phone covered with glitchy white lines.
I'm in the process of reverting back to Gingerbread with matts old utility- then I'll see where it goes from there.....
Sigh... I should have just stayed on GB lol.

TheWitness

Reaction score
NM, It seems that I couldn't get the newer version of safeboot to work with my old GB OS>
I used Matt's utility to return to factory Jellybean- I'll work from there.

OK for future reference- DO NOT USE MATTS UTILITY TO FLASH Jellybean if you are in Gingerbread. You will get the white bottom half of your phone covered with glitchy white lines.
I'm in the process of reverting back to Gingerbread with matts old utility- then I'll see where it goes from there.....
Sigh... I should have just stayed on GB lol.

Just goto cm.10.2-M1. Its stable and so much better than GB.