Updating X with liberty 1.5

BillCollector

Reaction score
I've noticed gingerbread is being pushed to some phones and can't help but think its coming soon for DX.

I'm rooted running Liberty 1.5 and would like to know if downloading the update will do any damage? Or steps needed before updating?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brandon9559

Reaction score
Did you create a backup before you flashed liberty? You need to be stock to receive an ota update. You can be rooted...just cannot have any system files changed.

OP
B

BillCollector

Reaction score
I did back up with bootstrap. Never restored before though. I've seen threads on restoring, so I can check those.

brandon9559

Reaction score
All u do is open bootstrap, go to backup/ restore and choose restore. Its very easy if u ever have to do it. If you haven't done anything since you've rooted as far as rom or anything you should be fine without restoring the backup. Just being rooted to tether and use root apps wont hinder you from receiving an ota update.

OP
B

BillCollector

Reaction score
What if I did a reboot recovery with bootstrap, flashed liberty 1.5, then did a bootstrap backup.

Will I still have my original backup that I did with reboot recovery?

A

abn75

If you did not create a backup before flashing liberty then you do not have a copy of the "stock" os.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2