Updating Safestrap?

ssj11mav

Reaction score
I'm almost positive I have Safestrap 1.06 installed. I'm on the Droid 3 Liberty 2.0 rom in safe mode. Now, a few questions.

1. If I were to want to update Safestrap, how would I go about doing it?

2. Apparently previous backups are incompatible with safestrap 1.08, does this mean that I have to start with a fresh "safe" System install and "Non safe" backup if I were to update?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IIRC I went from 1.06-1.08 and didn't change anything. Also stayed in Safe mode. I'm almost never in non-safe though.

If you want to be cautious you could go back to non-safe uninstall, reinstall and then make a new non-safe and go to safe and restore and see what happens...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
ssj11mav

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Well here's what I'm most worried about. I just installed the 1.08 APK in safe mode... while 1.06 is the apk installed on the non-safe.

If I INSTALL RECOVERY while in safe mode (You know, updating the hijack) What will happen? That's what I need to figure out. Will safe mode turn into non-safe by accident?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well here's what I'm most worried about. I just installed the 1.08 APK in safe mode... while 1.06 is the apk installed on the non-safe.

If I INSTALL RECOVERY while in safe mode (You know, updating the hijack) What will happen? That's what I need to figure out. Will safe mode turn into non-safe by accident?

Should be fine. That's exactly what I did I checked with Hashcode and he said that once you flash recovery the app will show the right info.

Have you checked his blog to see if there are any updates or issues?

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually I checked and I was on 1.06. Just upgraded in safe mode to the new recovery. 1.08. Done!

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

OP
ssj11mav

ssj11mav

Reaction score
I checked and it turned out I was on 1.04 o_O

Regardless, I went back to non-safe and updated to 1.08 with recovery updated as well.. Good to know I can just do it in Safe mode though. :) Thank you.