Updates?

Atom702

Reaction score
I've heard that gingerbread on the droid x would be getting an update of some sort this month (firmware, software, version...not sure which), any truth to this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
I've heard that gingerbread on the droid x would be getting an update of some sort this month (firmware, software, version...not sure which), any truth to this?

I hope we don't have to do another factory data reset to get this to work properly. Reminds me of the days when PC support guys will tell people to reinstall the entire OS over and over again.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

deathwhitch

Reaction score

I hope we don't have to do another factory data reset to get this to work properly. Reminds me of the days when PC support guys will tell people to reinstall the entire OS over and over again.

I actually still do that, backup + format > any virus scan

Natey2

Reaction score

I actually still do that, backup + format > any virus scan

I received updates for Windows Mobile 6 back in the days, and I never had to do anything like a factory data reset.
And in Linux, you can do a yum update/upgrade, and you don't have to reinstall the whole OS and apps. Likewise with Windows 2000, XP, 7, etc. Service Packs updates.

This whole factory data reset before/after each Android update is a smokescreen to hide ugly bugs that Google is not addressing in its architecture of the Android OS. Reinstalling everything each time is the easy way out for them.

Last edited: