Updates won't download...

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have a bunch of apps that have updates but for the last couple of days I have tried to update and nothing happens. It goes to the screen where it shows the download progress but nothing happens. I have tested my signal and I am getting very good dl speeds. I don't know what to do, any help?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't have the update over Wi-Fi only checked in the Google play store settings, do you?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Al Neri

Al Neri

Reaction score
You don't have the update over Wi-Fi only checked in the Google play store settings, do you?

I just checked and no I don't. Sometimes I get a message after it fails to download saying it requires wifi. This is aggravating. Now I have 18 updates waiting.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, make sure that you don't have data saver enabled in settings>battery and data manager

OP
Al Neri

Al Neri

Reaction score
Cleared data, and made sure data saver was off, still does nothing when downloading. I appreciate the help, any other ideas?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well crap, if nobody has any other suggestions, maybe try a factory data reset?

OP
Al Neri

Al Neri

Reaction score
I really am not thrilled with the idea of doing a factory reset. Does anyone have any other ideas before I take that step?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

XHaloX

Reaction score
Go on ur settings and go to battery saver.Go on its setting and turn it off because when battery saver is on it only updates apps using wifi

OP
Al Neri

Al Neri

Reaction score
Go on ur settings and go to battery saver.Go on its setting and turn it off because when battery saver is on it only updates apps using wifi

I already tried that but I will give it another whirl. Anything to avoid the factory reset. I have my phone exactly the way I want it (aside from this whole not updating thing).