[Updated] The Space Themed MMORPG: Vendetta Online Needs You for Beta Testing!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ghTQ_VDgAt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghTQ_VDgAt0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The folks over at DroidGamers got an exclusive preview of a new Android Port of a 3D space-themed MMORPG for the Android, called Vendetta Online, by Guild Software. Originally, this game was just for the PC, but the sharp developers at Guild Software decided to create a port for the Android OS.

The developers indicated that it will probably need a Tegra 2 or other dual-core chip to run properly, but they also shared that it might be possible to run it on other Android hardware. A beta release is currently planed for this month if all goes well.

The game is somewhat similar to EVE Online, although not nearly as economy-centered. It's basically a space-ship themed simulator with combat and upgradeable space-vessels. It's even being designed to be cross-platform compatible with the PC version, so you can battle it out with your friends from the coffee shop while they are at home on their PC's. Above is a video at CES of the game-play in action. Looks like another addictive habit to chew through my Android's battery life... :icon_rolleyes:

Source: DroidGamers and Vendetta Online
by dgstorm

Last edited:

mewshi

Reaction score
Having played VO for a few months, and having looked at EVE pretty closely, I can pretty conclusively say they're not all that similar...

Also, VO has been around for... years... I remember getting frustrated with the tech workers at my university my freshman year because the lag was too bad to really play the game.

EVE is... economy-driven... just sayin'.