[Updated] Pre-Order Galaxy S III for on June 6th for $200 at Verizon

B_freer

Reaction score
Well this sucks. I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus through Amazon this weekend. I hope I'm not totally worked over and I can exchange it somehow.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I spoke with a Verizon rep today and she said as long as you upgrade by July 1st, you'll be able to keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan. After July 1st, you'll have to purchase the phone at full price in order to keep unlimited data.
She couldn't however tell me if the Samsung GS3 would be released by then.

**tap'n**

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
OP Updated

[Update] If you Pre-order the Galaxy SIII From Verizon, you get to keep your unlimited data plan according to Droid-Life

We reached out to Verizon’s PR team and they confirmed to us that if you pre-order the device, even at the subsidized $199 or $249 prices, that you will get to keep your unlimited data package (assuming you have one now). If you are a new customer or are adding a line, you would be subject to the $30 per month, 2GB tier.

We aren’t exactly sure what will happen to those of you that do not pre-order and wait until the phone is actually launched, as there is a chance that Verizon will have kicked off their shared data plans by then. If that is the case, you may have to accept one of their new shared data tiers if you choose to buy the phone at a discounted rate at that time.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
GS3....this phone might make me try Samsung one more time....lol.

NEED more info about the next Moto phone!!! ASAP!! lol. I assume it will have different and updated LTE hardware than the G Nex? That alone says its worth a try for me.

SiGfever

Reaction score
They said towards the end of summer if memory serves.

This phone and the next moto release will both be safe from the tiered data slam... call it a hunch. Of.course I could be wrong... it happened once :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
I am torn between the S3 and the Vanquish. I really like the car docks Moto has out since I use my DroidX for navigation in my service van. Anyone seen any car docks for the S3? I need to upgrade before the grandfathered plans expire.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just realized something.....my Rezound and G Nex let me down in the phone reception, overall call quality dept. Calls werent handled by 4G. Maybe 4G issues effected those phones and calls? Did anyone ever get a handle on what was the problem with the mic issues on the G Nex? I didnt have that problem on my Rezound and RAZR.

Guess I'm just hoping for an all around better experience with this Samsung phone. I remember when the Droid 1 had that infamous mute issue. That resolved itself with either updates or newer batches and hasnt really came back in later Moto phones. So it is possible for manufactures to correct mistakes, issues with either software or hardware. Samsung also did when they went away from that dumb file system that caused many Galaxy S 1's to lag.

We just need manufactures to learn from mistakes or be more proactive in correcting them.

meishkov

Reaction score
dam it, figures june 6th drops between my paydays. son of a beeeeee. Hmmm, guess I never noticed that 2GB of RAM, thought it was 1GB, guess just seeing it listed on the official site makes it even harder to believe! Seeing quad-core 1.5 would've been a real slap to the face:biggrin:

hyisbm

Reaction score
I really wish the home button wasn't physical. From some of the pictures, it doesn't look flush. If it's not, it may be possible for me to hit it. Otherwise I could glue something on it so it sits up a little for me to hit it. How much effort do you think it will take to hit the button? I have no use of my fingers so it will be all gravity.

I'm still waiting to hear more about the Vanquish and if it's going to be released this month then I'll probably go with that instead. I'll be upgrading from the original droid and don't want to risk losing unlimited data.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I feel the same about the physical button. I wish you could at least use it to take pictures!

**tap'n**

mgrande

Reaction score
So this thing has 2 gb of ram now? What kind of battery life can we expect from this phone? Full day?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zacedward

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this phone has a blinking notification light for emails text etc. I know the Samsung droid charge don't

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The Samsung Galaxy SIII is a game changer for me. I may give the Maxx up for this phone........

Even thought the SIII has my attention, unless Samsung has figured out how to make decent CDMA and LTE radios, and they release an OEM extended battery that provides approximately the same battery life as the MAXX, I just don't know that I'd be able to make the switch. The Galaxy Nexus - which is a great device, but a poor phone - left a bad taste in my mouth for Samsung smartphones on Verizon...and it was already pretty bad after the Charge. Global GSM capabilities along with radios that are at least on par with HTC (I'd love radios close to the quality of Motorola, but I'll settle for HTC) would really make me think things over though.

mkhannah

Reaction score

That's great for those comfortable (have faith) in the phone not having any hardware and/or software issues. So far I've seen no reviews/tests with the American version. Coming from an OG Droid, I assume I will thrilled with it. But since I don't quite think I have the faith to pre-order, can you or anyone answer these questions?
  1. For those paying full price to keep unlimited, will Verizon have a different monthly payment plan vs a subsidized purchase? Such $20/mon vs $30/mon. I think having to pay the full monthly price even though I paid the full price to be wrong. As someone who reads Stop the Cap!, I shouldn't be surprised by this if it is the case.
  2. If I contact Verizon directly, how can I know the answer is trustworthy? Should I contact, specifically, a certain someone or a certain department for answers?
Thanks...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
huehuehue said:
I'm pretty sure when we preorder the phone come June 6th that we would be renewing our contract at that time too, right? (correct me if I'm wrong, I've never preordered a phone before)

If that is true, we'd be able to keep our unlimited plan.

Preorder, is just that a preorder, nothing more nothing less, once your new device is activated that's when your new two year contract takes effect, unless of course you buy the phone outright at full price and just continue your current unlimited data plan.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums