Updated google voice

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
google-voice2-337x600.png

The new version of Google Voice which will be included with the T-Mobile G2 has been found in the system dump that’s out in the wild. Who cares right? Well it becomes news-worthy for the simple fact that this version comes packed with 2 widgets to drop on your homescreens, making your voice and texting addictions even more accessible.
Download: googlevoice-0.4.1.19.apk
Install as you would any other .apk file. It will upgrade your current Google Voice.
Source: XDA Forums

romeov

Reaction score

The new version of Google Voice which will be included with the T-Mobile G2 has been found in the system dump that’s out in the wild. Who cares right? Well it becomes news-worthy for the simple fact that this version comes packed with 2 widgets to drop on your homescreens, making your voice and texting addictions even more accessible.
Install as you would any other .apk file. It will upgrade your current Google Voice.

As someone who has been using full google voice as his only number since the day the Droid 1 was released, this is awesome! My question is.. by installing the apk.. will GV still auto update from the market the next time there is an update? That would stink to lose the update feature, thanks for sharing!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love Voice but until it starts doing MMS I'll have to keep my old number in use for picture msgs.:banplease::banplease::banplease:

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

As someone who has been using full google voice as his only number since the day the Droid 1 was released, this is awesome! My question is.. by installing the apk.. will GV still auto update from the market the next time there is an update? That would stink to lose the update feature, thanks for sharing!
hmmm well this was extracted from the htc G2 but umm i dont really have an answer to ur question lol...

k1ng617

Reaction score

I was thinking about dumping my regular number for full GV and It seems you have had a lot of experience with it. In you opinion, what should I be aware of? I was thinking about going to Verizon's new unlimited prepaid data for $30 and just using GV for calls and texts.

Thanks!

tommyz

Reaction score

I was thinking about dumping my regular number for full GV and It seems you have had a lot of experience with it. In you opinion, what should I be aware of? I was thinking about going to Verizon's new unlimited prepaid data for $30 and just using GV for calls and texts.

Thanks!

Will not work. You still need a regular phone number for GV to work.

k1ng617

Reaction score

Thanks!

Will not work. You still need a regular phone number for GV to work.

aww shucks