updated baseband problems

meigs51

Reaction score
Hello, I updated the baseband and my connection now is terrible. I am running UD9 and was wondering if I have to have the new baseband or if I can revertback? I've read as much as I can at work, but I can't find anything. Thank y'all for any and all help.

chrisoverly

Reaction score
i am also looking for how to revert to the standard baseband.. (updated to go to CyanogenMOD, but now wifi will not work).

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
guys first the new basbanad is a lot better.

@ chrisoverly.....get away from the cynagen rom....Woody. BD adamz and Chevy all have quality work. remeber to flash a new kernal with wifi also....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
let me answer the question though....Flashing the 2.0.1 SBF may revert it back to the old baseband

chrisoverly

Reaction score
I have reverted to a backup I had done before hand (usingSucculent Desire 3.5 now) and still have issues (different Kernel.... but will try flashing a new one again on it and see what happens)

EDIT: I used the update.zip method to flash a new AdamZ Kernel and Wifi is back to working...

Last edited:

aldeghij

Reaction score
guys first the new basbanad is a lot better.

@ chrisoverly.....get away from the cynagen rom....Woody. BD adamz and Chevy all have quality work. remeber to flash a new kernal with wifi also....

So, what's wrong w/ cyanogen exactly? Using it right now and it's screaming fast....

beermann82

Reaction score
I updated baseband from the zip file from Steve at alldroid. Now I can't stream from iheartradio or connect to the server in music junk. Anyone else having same issues?

Or does anyone have a fix that worked?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to go back to the old baseband. In my experience the new one is worse. Maybe it is just my area or something but my signal sucks now. I go to 1x sometimes, I get 1 slow bar where I used to get a solid 4 bar signal, I drop calls when I used to drop NONE.

Is it possible to get the old baseband without using RSD Lite? I don't really want to start over completely...

Hawks

Reaction score
I'm wanting to go back to the old baseband. In my experience the new one is worse. Maybe it is just my area or something but my signal sucks now. I go to 1x sometimes, I get 1 slow bar where I used to get a solid 4 bar signal, I drop calls when I used to drop NONE.

Is it possible to get the old baseband without using RSD Lite? I don't really want to start over completely...

just a thought but did you call *228 to have them reprogram your roaming capability again? I have read where that is recommended.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, didn't do anything. Did it a couple times just for the hell of it.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, for those of you REALLY wanting to go back to the old baseband, the ONLY way you can do it is to flash the ~ESD56/2.0.1~ .sbf flash file. Period. End of story. NOPE, no other option. The location of the baseband in the phone's system is in a way lower area than any nandroid backup or restore will ever effect. I don't know if it's spelled out in the other posts about using the baseband update file(s), but it's in my guide about it. When updating to the new baseband, there is no reason whatsoever to make a nandroid backup, blah, blah blah, as I already said.

You probably already have the files, but if not look in my sig below.

good luck