[Updated] Ask And You Shall Recieve: LTE LG Revolution

thebum2323

Reaction score
looks like a nice phone but so do others! my main concern is bootloader, is it locked? Motorola handicapped the DroidX, and all the other Droids they put out. HTC is following Motorola's lead. I hope that LG is smart and keeps the bootloader open or easy to open. If thats the case then i wont need to wait on LG for updates, cyanogen and other developers will take care of it. Dont get me wrong I am running Fission on my droid 2 but its still not the same as having an open bootloader like my Droid 1 Had.

Did you ever find out if the revolution has an open or locked bootloader?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
looks like a nice phone but so do others! my main concern is bootloader, is it locked? Motorola handicapped the DroidX, and all the other Droids they put out. HTC is following Motorola's lead. I hope that LG is smart and keeps the bootloader open or easy to open. If thats the case then i wont need to wait on LG for updates, cyanogen and other developers will take care of it. Dont get me wrong I am running Fission on my droid 2 but its still not the same as having an open bootloader like my Droid 1 Had.

Did you ever find out if the revolution has an open or locked bootloader?

Last I heard, bootloader unlocked and kernel is not signed. goot deal all around.

thebum2323

Reaction score
Sweet! now time to get a recovery to work... and to request a thread over at xda developers so rom's can be made for the phone