UPDATE: The LG G4 Actually Does Support Quick Charge 2.0

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

So there was a big misunderstanding thanks to some misinformation by LG on launch day. They were not hyping up the quick charge capabilities of the LG G4 at all, in fact they were saying that the G4 didn't come with quick charge enabled, but instead came with a lesser 1.8 semi quick charge which would work with the included 1.8amp charger. While this is not ideal it still gets the phone charged in about 2-3 hours which isn't crawling.

Today LG clarified that the G4 does include quick charging 2.0 enabled via the included Qualcomm 808 processor which does support the feature. You just simply need to purchase a 3rd party charger which does 2.0 Quick charging. This is actually some pretty awesome news. If you are grabbing an LG G4 you will want to be sure to grab a proper charger. The Aukey charger works with devices like the Galaxy S6, HTC One M9 and will also work with the new LG G4. There are many other fast chargers out there!

Aukey Fast Charger : $15.99
Onite Fast Charger : $13.99
Keedox Fast Charger : $9.99

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well there you go!! Good news for LG customers. I may have to look at one and consider maybe not being a Moto fanboy for a while again! LOL! :D

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough decision between this, the Moto X, or the Nexus...

on the move..

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
My last Moto was the Droid X!

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3