[Update] First Dual-Core Phone the LG Optimus 2x Slated for Europe in January

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-Optimus-2X-cell-phone-04.jpg

It looks like our European forum members are getting lucky early next year. The world's first dual-core phone, the LG Optimus 2x that we reported on earlier here, will be released in parts of Europe, in January, around the same time it will be released in Korea. This Tegra-2 powered gorgeous beast of a phone, will also come preloaded with exclusive ring-tones from legendary movie music composer Ennio Morricone. If you are unfamiliar with his name, he was the composer for many of the "spaghetti western" films of the 70's starring Clint Eastwood. LG purchased rights to several musical pieces from him, including some newly composed themes.

According to some pre-order reports in Europe the phone will initially sell for 470 Euros. Ouch! I guess that's the price for early adopters of the latest super-tech smartphone available!

Source: Techradar
by dgstorm

Last edited:

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Actually it's coming this March to T-mobile USA...
Which means I will be first in line :) I'm glad I have both providers.

With the Star coming to Verizon around March. :)
But the Star is the 2X... Unless I am mistaken ????

I'm not 100% sure really. lol.

The LG Star, LG 2X and LG 'B' are all pretty much the same device. They just have some minor cosmetic differences and the LG 'B' could have a different display technology.

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
With the Star coming to Verizon around March. :)

The LG Star, LG 2X and LG 'B' are all pretty much the same device. They just have some minor cosmetic differences and the LG 'B' could have a different display technology.
Yea that's what I thought.
The LG Star was the LG Optimus 2X's rumor name until it as announced. The B is a different device tho.

regkilla

Reaction score

Yea that's what I thought.
The LG Star was the LG Optimus 2X's rumor name until it as announced. The B is a different device tho.

thats good.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
LG Optimus 2x is going to come out most diffently summer 2011. That racing game looks awesome!

I'm wondering exactly WHAT racing game that is. Maybe it's just a Tegra 2 tech demo, it looks totally unfamiliar.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the Optimus 2x is the star it might be a hard choice for me between that and the Etna.
That racing game looks like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. The game that came out on November 16. As far as I know it is not out in a mobile format yet.

Aram58

Reaction score
If the Optimus 2x is the star it might be a hard choice for me between that and the Etna.
That racing game looks like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. The game that came out on November 16. As far as I know it is not out in a mobile format yet.

Deciding factor for me was the unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App