update 4.4 for Samsung Galaxy S4

neckbreak

Reaction score
Just saw they are rolling out the 4.4 update for the S4 in Korea. Anyone hear if they are doing it in the USA yet?

Not yet. My bet is later this month or early next. Hopefully, it will be before the s5 announcement in Spain.

Sprint is suppose to be putting out the update today.

Yes it was expected for S4 but still not received its update by Samsung. if s4 users no longer want to wait for 4.4.2 or are on a previous test build of Android KitKat, now have the option to download the latest test firmware, I9505XXUFNAD.
How to update

Samsung said that kitkat would start rolling out for the GS4 Tuesday

Release date depends on carrier since they have to bless it (with bloatware). Sprunt already rolled it last week.

The update is loading as I write this.

U. S. Cellular Galaxy S4 SCH-R970

Later:
The upgrade has loaded. Now some disappointing observations.

The GPS icon was flashing a lot. Also having trouble swiping down from the top to access the Notification Panel. During the time the GPS was flashing, the S4 was heating up quite a lot and I could almost watch the battery drain. After I turned Mobile Data on then off, things went back to normal.

The battery indicator shows white instead of green for the charge amount.

I think the S4 needsd to just get used to the upgrade.

However, one more bar for phone reception.

The update is loading as I write this.

U. S. Cellular Galaxy S4 SCH-R970

Later:
The upgrade has loaded. Now some disappointing observations.

The GPS icon was flashing a lot. Also having trouble swiping down from the top to access the Notification Panel. During the time the GPS was flashing, the S4 was heating up quite a lot and I could almost watch the battery drain. After I turned Mobile Data on then off, things went back to normal.

The battery indicator shows white instead of green for the charge amount.

I think the S4 needsd to just get used to the upgrade.

However, one more bar for phone reception.

Did you do a one minute battery pull after the update? All bets are off regarding how it may act until you do.

Did you do a one minute battery pull after the update? All bets are off regarding how it may act until you do.

Not until after the isssue corrected itself when I did the on/off thing with Mobile data. I do switch battieries once a day, as a rule. So, that should put me in a safe place. Thanks for the tip.

Any word on when Verizon will get the update?

does it matter? really no changes from 4.3 to this. Verizon is just going to add more crap to your phone along with these minimal changes.

Back