Upcoming YU Yutopia To Release With Cyanogen OS 12.1

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Cyanogen made an exclusive deal with Micromax through their brand YU last year. Cyanogen OS was the release firmware for the mid tier device the Yuphoria. This device had some decent specs and the main selling point would have been the inclusion of Cyanogen OS. YU recently released another variation of the phone skipping Cyanogen in favor of Stock Android. There was fear that Cyanogen had forfeited another OEM deal. This is not the case. Cyanogen is still working closely with YU.

Here is a statement YU provided to Android Police:

We have a great partnership with YU, and happy to announce that Cyanogen OS 12.1 will be powering YU's upcoming flagship - Yutopia. We'll also be rolling out the latest 12.1 update to Yureka / Yureka Plus very soon. It doesn't always makes sense for us to support every device in a partner's portfolio, and there are one-off model variations. We want to put the unfounded rumors to rest.

What I gathered from the statement is that a new flagship device labled "Yutopia" is releasing soon and will include CyanogenOS 12.1. I need to figure out a way to get my hands on this device!

via AndroidPolice