Unrooting......

Wadman

Reaction score
Ok. So I rooted my x about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I rooted with z4root and am running liberty 1.5 and Crystal X Blue.....I don't want to unroot now, but if I decided to give my phone to my wife and buy something else like the bionic or thunderbolt, then I might want to unroot being that my wife does not care at all about that stuff. If I used z4root can I just click unroot and it will go back to stock? I have all my files backed up with titanium backup. If this is something that has been talked about I'm sorry....when I type in droid x unroot on the search bar it brings up a hundred different things....thanks in advance...

huskur

Reaction score
before you flashed Liberty did you back up the stock ROM? If so you can flash the stock rom back and then use Z4 to unroot

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
before you flashed Liberty did you back up the stock ROM? If so you can flash the stock rom back and then use Z4 to unroot

I don't know if I backed up the stock ROM or not. What app would i do that with. Titanium???

huskur

Reaction score
I can tell you that you didn't most likely. You would back it up with your clockwork recovery provided by your bootstrap.

Looks like you will have to use RSD lite 4.9 and the Sbf file to get it back to stock. Do a search on that. I don't have it right on hand.

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
Ok. When I am in clockworkmod recovery what would it be under there. If I go to backup and restore I get the option to backup or restore...hehe...go figure. Should I choose restore and see what it does? I don't remember all the steps I followed when rooting and flashing the rom. I just remember following a step by step tutorial I found on here...Sorry if I'm being a pain in the butt....

fatpomp

Reaction score
Just look in the clockwork folder on your sd card under backups. If you don't see anything in that folder you didn't make a backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
Just look in the clockwork folder on your sd card under backups. If you don't see anything in that folder you didn't make a backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I went to astro and opened up my backups and in that was another folder that contained the following:

1. .android_secure
2. cache
3. data
4. nandroid
5. system

So I'm assuming I backed something up. Am I good if I want to go back to stock? Sorry in advance for all the questions. Just making sure I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's.

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
yes, I read that thread. I am not wanting to unroot now. Just wanting to make sure that I have the correct files backed up. I posted above what I find in my backup folder. Again, I don't want to unroot. I just want to make sure I can when I decide which new phone to purchase. Thanks again....