unrooted MR2 flashed, now what?

electric6

Reaction score
I am MR2 flashed and wondering if there are any newer radios out that could further improve performance? Or is that new one that just leaked only for GB users? As far as rooting goes, is MR2 rootable at all?

ziggy484

Reaction score
I am MR2 flashed and wondering if there are any newer radios out that could further improve performance? Or is that new one that just leaked only for GB users? As far as rooting goes, is MR2 rootable at all?

There isn't anything newer for nonrooted yet, looks like an ota is coming soon though with a new radio, the leak is on here... not sure if you can load it up without root though. Take the plunge, root that sucker and load up some gb, it's WAY worth it.

OP
electric6

electric6

Reaction score
thats exactly what I intend on doing this weekend! But is MR2 still rootable with the standard method? Ive noticed they all say for MR1, but no mention of rooting an MR2 flashed device.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I went from unrooted MR2 update to rooted GB rom with 2.5 radio.
i used the auto root file from android centrals TB forums.
it puts you back to 100% stock, pushes the necessary files, then flashes MR1 rooted to the phone. from there download the necessary radio and ROM file (usually linked to the original post of the ROM) rename radio file to PG01IMG and place on root of SD, boot into HBOOT flash the radio, reboot phone, boot into clockwork from ROM manager, do a full wipe if it is called for in the ROM thread, flash ROM, reboot.

just be careful you are installing the radio for rooted phones. if you install the full RUU for non rooted phones, pretty sure it will get rid of root, or at the very worst, brick the phone. but just go with what is linked in the OP of the ROM and they are usually the files you need.