unrooted and stuck on 2.1

Reaction score
Rob, if you root your phone and change your mind, follow the instructions in the tutorial that is linked to my signature rather than downgrading. It will save you a headache.

Thanks Enlightened
i do want to root but im a procrastinator..lol im gonna try this out now im really wanting to get wireless tether and get rid of some of these stock apps. thanks again all for helping out a newbie to the forums..
dancedroid

Sithmastah

Reaction score

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, so we're back where we started at 2.1? What radio are you running? Menu-->settings-->about phone--> software --> baseband version. Next step is we'll try running the RUU- runs from your computer instead of your SD card.

OP
G

gsallor

Reaction score
I have read that if you updated your radio there are certin radios that will not update so you hae to flash back to the old one before you can update

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you get into hboot?
I finally got it to work again using the dinc_ota.zip. I still would like 2.2 but dont want to risk bricking my phone.

Wow, risky move but glad its working for you. Not sure why the radio was failing, your the first I have heard run into that issue. Did you check the MD5 to make sure you got a good download of it?

Also unless you flash another radio do not, and I repeat DO NOT flash that dinc_ota again. It will brick the phone.

To get you back to 2.2 you could try the PB31IMG again but make sure you check the MD5 (I understand if your iffy on this idea) I would try the RUU. Both the RUU and the MD5 for the PB31IMG can be found in this post. Follow the RUU instructions and make sure to install the newest version of HTC sync which is also linked in that post.

Last edited:

Sithmastah

Reaction score
Okay, so we're back where we started at 2.1? What radio are you running? Menu-->settings-->about phone--> software --> baseband version. Next step is we'll try running the RUU- runs from your computer instead of your SD card.
Baseband version is 1.00.03.04.06. Sorry for the delay, I work a lot.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
No worries about the delay. Seems everyone on here but me has a job these days. :)

I know nothing about the Inc so I can't be much help, but I'm sure the smart folks will be around soon enough.