Unroot, now no sounds

rdoute

Reaction score
I have searched for an answer, but haven't found one, so if there is I apologize. I also hope that this is the right section to post this in. I used a computer at work to root my droid, using SPRecovery, because I have a mac at home, decided that I didn't care for the ROM, and restored my backup. I then noticed on the boards that the OTA was coming this week, and that with SPRecovery I wouldn't get the OTA, or possibly not. I also saw that DMUpdater was now available, and could get me back to stock, after reading many posts. I chose the option to unroot my phone and go to stock 2.01, however while I am on 2.01 I get no sounds, and when I try to look at my sounds, or choose one, I get a FC everytime (sorry I don't remember the program that it says is not responding), and my home button doesn't work, I have to keep hitting the back button. DMUpdater doesn't give an option to wipe data and cache, it just does its thing, could that be my problem? Will updating to 2.1 fix those issues?? I did find a thread with how to get that update since it seems to no longer be available. I have just reloaded SPRecovery using DMUpdater and restored my backup to get sounds, and all of the buttons to work, so my phone is fully functional, it just still has SPRecovery on it. I would like to get back to full stock to get the OTA, whenever it arrives. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick

OP
rdoute

rdoute

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, I will try that, I already printed out the instructions. I was hoping to not have to "tempt" the IT dept at work by installing the programs on my work computer again. But if that is what it takes, I will try it. I tried the DMUpdater process twice with the same results, any more and it would be classified as the definition of insanity.

OP
rdoute

rdoute

Reaction score
OK following those instructions I am now back to stock, and all of my sounds work, and everything else as far as I can tell. However I did notice for the 2 minutes that I was on 2.01 I got 2 FCs for routine things. Cleared up with 2.1 though. OK bring on 2.2, then probably back to Root, if possible. At least this was a good exercise in what to do.
Rick