Unroot - Factory Reset

wolfe69

Reaction score
I am trying to unroot and factory reset my phone. So far nothing has worked. Will someone please direct me to step-by-step instructions so I can get my phone back? My livelyhood depends on me having a functioning phone! HELP!!!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How is it not working?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

chrstdvd

Reaction score
How did you root it? Z4, one click ... ? If z4 then there is an unroot option. If by ADB just remove the three files you installed to root it. If you used a one click, which one?

Edit: No matter, just get Z4 and choose the UnRoot option.

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
It was rooted with Z4. The issue isn't unrooting. I can do that no problem. My issue is getting rid of the Superuser.apk, icon and resetting my phone to factory. I finally managed to get the TBH App but am unclear how to flash the SBF to reset it. Where do I find a step-by-step guide on that. Sorry but still a Newby.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
This should get you back to stock.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-2-rooting-roms-hacks/75388-how-sbf-back-stock.html

T
here are others out there from different forums, just Google sbf to stock, but the above is good. Some others enplane it better. I have a droid charge now and can not find the exact instructions I used to flash the Droid 2. I have three browsers, each with a ton of bookmarks to various procedures. I just can not find the one I use at the moment. Sorry!

PS if the links in the above do not work, I can provide all the files you need. I have the file on drop box to get the phone to stock, and I can upload the RSD light program if you need it.