unrevoked forever not unlocking my droid incredible !!

ibewlocal24

Reaction score
Ok so I'm rooted and I have clockwork recovery. I copied the zip to SD card and went to recovery and installed zip from SD card. After i rebooted system and went to hboot it still says on.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would love to help but your thread title and post don't express a real problem to be solved, only bits and peices of what you have done and are experiencing (really it makes no sense at all)

You have to explain in some detail what you are trying to accomplish, how you are going about it and the problems you are experiencing

OP
I

ibewlocal24

Reaction score
Sorry. I saw a video on YouTube about the Droid incredible ota froyo 2.2 official leak. The process states you have to have the s-off. Which is the top line on the hboot screen. The directions said to put unrevoked forever on SD card. I booted the phone in recovery. Then installed zip from SD card. Then rebooted and it still says xc ship s-on.

OP
I

ibewlocal24

Reaction score
[video=youtube;mvqzdKsLOWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvqzdKsLOWk&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Droid Incredible Official Froyo OTA[/video]

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems pretty straight forward, my wife has an Incredible which means I don't get to mess with it often...here is my suggestion, or the rule I follow. I don't follow random links or youtube videos to accomplish updates like this. I wait untill a valid source is leaked here, that has been tested by our community experts and then follow the write-up that is usually associated with it

I read in the comments alot of corrupt file complaints, maybe you have a bad download...you should be glad your device didn't get damaged in the process. Don't get me wrong this guy probably knows his stuff but for some reason the file that is supposed to change your s/on s/off isn't doing it's job

The official update should be rolling out in the next few days which means that file will be available for install for Root users right here on the forum

First Thoughts...Nice Boot Animation

OP
I

ibewlocal24

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate you looking into it. I noticed the corrupted files but willing to take a risk. I will just wait. Thanks again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate you looking into it. I noticed the corrupted files but willing to take a risk. I will just wait. Thanks again.

Always make Droid Forums your first resource, and think, if it is not available here than there is probably a reason for that...the Droid Forums News Team is Top Notch at what they do and a lot of research is done before leaks and updates are posted as stable

You should, if you haven't already join the ---> HTC Incredible Forum <--- it is one of our many Sister Forums